Bust evaporator I think, any alternatives to get some cool air? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bust evaporator I think, any alternatives to get some cool air?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Camaro16
1998 ZJ 

Bust evaporator I think, any alternatives to get some cool air?

Driving along the other day, I see some smoke come out of my windscreen vents - but it doesn't smell of smoke, and dissipates very quickly. My AC system was almost empty already due to a leaky condenser (I have a good JY part to replace that)
Not going to be bothered ripping out the dash and heater box to replace it, just wondering if anyone has any creative alternative ideas - I have another AC evaporator, was thinking about putting it elsewhere and piping to it.
Don't get huge heat in Ireland, it's just nice to have a bit of AC on a hot day. I'd just turn the AC on and off as needed. Auto climate control if that makes a difference. Maybe put it before the cabin air intake and bodge it up a bit?

Camaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.