Bushings for Rusty's WJ track bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bushings for Rusty's WJ track bar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 10-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
doggboy

Bushings for Rusty's WJ track bar

I have a rusty's track bar I got a while back for a screamin deal (yea I know I should have got a JKS). My issue is that after a few bouts with DW I replaced everything in the front end and torqued the gorrilla piss out of the track bar bolts, wich all but eliminated my DW, but I was always concerned I had wallowed out the bolt hole. So today I pulled the bar to check on it, and sure a heck the axle bolt hole is bad. I have already drilled out tthe holes to half inch and replaced with grade 8 hardware, but the bushings are completely deformed and the sleeves are trashed. I currently have some sleeves I picked up at ace in there, but they are on the short side.

So now that the story is told, here is my question. Does any one know the part number for the replacement bushings? Also I am considering doing a Johny Joint on the axle end and frame end, will this make for a harsh ride? I would feel alot better with some Johnies in there, but I don't want to feel every bump.

Thanks in advance for any help!

doggboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
sandman
1993 ZJ 

if your holes are wollowed out weld a washer over them. BTW rustys track bars have been known to break and cause catastrophic results.

this was caused by a broken rustys track bar. he was on the road, not driving fast at all.
YouTube - cop ramming the jeep

watch @ 2:50 of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLNc7...1&feature=fvwp
Unread 10-24-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

another reason why Rusty's is Failing again.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
doggboy

Dang! I was hoping to use the bar and just replace the ends, but I am extended pretty far on it right now, and breakage does not sound like fun!

Guess it's time to look at a JKS one...Or build my own
Unread 10-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
Dang! I was hoping to use the bar and just replace the ends, but I am extended pretty far on it right now, and breakage does not sound like fun!

Guess it's time to look at a JKS one...Or build my own
no building own bad idea lol Buy JKS or IRO.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #6
doggboy

I was thinking of doing a set up like shortys zjn (i think that his name) also LSRgreg on mallcrawlin, welding a new bracket on top of the axle, and flipping the drag link, but he didn't say where he got the track bar, I figure it was custom. I'm at 6.5 right now and the steering angles are bad, so if I am replacing the track bar everything is moving up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.