bushing kits??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > bushing kits???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
grandpapy
1995 ZJ 

bushing kits???

hey guys,
I've got a jeep with 220,000+ miles on it. It's finally hit the point where its getting some death wobble on my 2 in budget boost lift. I've replaced the dampner since the other one looked original and it has helped a bit, but defintely still shimming. I've checked all bolts and nuts and everything is tight. Looks like the miles have finally gotten to the suspension. Any Ideas where i can get a quality rebuild kit for the front suspension?

Also, I'm thinking of staying away from polyurethene. I here they are tough and end up creating a bunch of suspension squeaks. With a jeep with this many miles on it, i don't need any more squeaks. although i could be persuaded with the right info.

Thanks!

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Coblue
1996 ZJ 

Grandpappy I'm in the same place as you: 225k miles, thinking about the 2" boost.
My research on this site says the shock from poly bushings aren't too bad with a small lift, but get worse as the suspension angles down with more lift.
Since I value a decent ride more than the potential increase in steering precision I think I going to go with the stock bushings. Plus they're cheaper.
Coblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.