Burned CD's - some play and some dont - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Burned CD's - some play and some dont

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-24-2003, 10:42 AM   #1
daryl.com

Burned CD's - some play and some dont

I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 with the Infinity Gold system. I burned 6 cd's of music yesterday and today only two of the six actually play in my CD player in the Jeep. I used the same program to burn them(music match) and also used the same type of CD-R's for all six CD's. What could be causing this?

TIA,

D

daryl.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 11:31 AM   #2
trailboy
1993 ZJ 

I have had the same trouble. Do the disk play in any other player?, there could be a bad copy. Some factory cd players have trouble reading the disk, I have had similar problems using low end disk like verbatim. I hope this helps some.
trailboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 01:59 PM   #3
kbohip

Use Fuji CD-R's. They have worked the best by far for me. Try burning at a lower speed as well, say 4x, to see if that clears up the issue. If all else fails, get yourself a good quality burner such as a Lite-On.
kbohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 06:02 PM   #4
automan25

I have $89 CD Philips CD burner, use totally cheap CD-Rs and they seem to work fine in my non-infinity factory CD player. I use Nero 5 to burn them. Perhaps you should get a cleaning CD to clean the laser lens in your CD player.
Unread 02-24-2003, 06:06 PM   #5
daryl.com

kbohip was the only person to identify the issue. I was burning at 48x and stepped back to 24 x and it works great.
daryl.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 12:53 AM   #6
kbohip

Quote:
Originally posted by daryl.com
kbohip was the only person to identify the issue. I was burning at 48x and stepped back to 24 x and it works great.
I'm glad it worked. I've actually had to burn some media at 4x just to get a clean burn. Next time try some Fuji or TDK media. I have some old Fuji rated at 12x that will burn fine at 48x!
kbohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2003, 02:33 AM   #7
ChrisinVA

Yup...I only burn at 4-8x. Also, I noticed the red colored CD-R's won't read, maybe due to the red laser?
ChrisinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2003, 06:16 PM   #8
garyet1952

Burned CD's

You also might want to remember to close the cd with whatever burner software you are using. This can cause cd's not to play in some cd players. Happened with my daughters boom box until I closed the cd out. Remember close the cd not just the session.
garyet1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 12:20 PM   #9
jeepme79
1998 ZJ 

I know I'm a little behind on this one, but here is what I've experienced. I have about 40 burned cd's that I carried in my Ram and didn't have any problems with any of them. When I bought my 98 zj with the Infinity system, I could only play about 25% of them. Of the 40 CD's, some were direct copies, some were MP-3's converted to wave, some created with Roxio, some with Music Match, some TDK, Memorex, and Imation, and all were burned on any one of 4 burners that I have had in that time frame. I even took one cd, copied it with all different programs, speeds and cd, and none of them work (I now have about 20 coasters if anybody wants them). What I have heard, but can't back it up yet, is that it isn't the CD's, but the players. Some players spin the cd's at different rates than others, and can read the burned cd's better. As I said before, all of these burned cd's worked in my Poineer in my truck, they all work in my Pioneer cd player in my home stereo, and in my Pioneer DVD player, but not my Jeep or RCA DVD. If anybody out there has any more information to back this up, or any solutions, please help. After losing too many cd's from car break-ins, I don't put originals in my car anymore.
89 XJ, stock
79 CJ7 - Options included ripped soft top, leaky 4.2L (5qts/week), ripped seats, 33" tires, bondo & gray primer
jeepme79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 04:39 PM   #10
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

CD players were an option in the ZJ?????

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2003, 11:12 AM   #11
garry

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl.com
I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 with the Infinity Gold system. I burned 6 cd's of music yesterday and today only two of the six actually play in my CD player in the Jeep. I used the same program to burn them(music match) and also used the same type of CD-R's for all six CD's. What could be causing this?

TIA,

D
MAKE SURE YOU FINALIZE THE CD AFTER BURNING AND YOU MIGHT HAVE RCORDED THE MUSIC AS AN MP3.SOME CD PLAYERS DO NOT PLAY MP3 RECORDINGS ONLY WAVE
garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2003, 08:45 AM   #12
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've had similar "won't play" issues in my wifes 02 WJ. My brother had issues in his Dodge truck. I think I remember somewhere reading that most Chrysler vehicles have that quirk. As stated above it is the player and not the disks (99% of the time).
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2003, 07:05 PM   #13
Camster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whybu1
CD players were an option in the ZJ?????
uuuuuuuuugh.....YEAH!

the 98's i believe even had a 10 CD changer option.

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2003, 07:48 PM   #14
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey that was TexasZJ1 who asked not me!!
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2003, 02:30 AM   #15
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Cd Burners

Depending on the year any jeep from 96 on up to current day they have a sensor in the cd player that somehow detects downloaded music so if any of these burned cds were downloaded theres about a 99% chance they wont work.
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.