Budget boost Pics for SKorch630 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Budget boost Pics for SKorch630

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
SKorch630
1997 ZJ 

I've tried to tap that post (two pictures with the hole) and it isn't enough metal to grab onto. I'm thinking I cut that bump stop down some and just do as I planned. Fill the entire hole with some high strength adhesive, shove the bolt through the bump stop, and into that hole and strap it down so it sets. Once it sets for 24/48 hours its not going anywhere. It's sorta ghetto rigged, but the extended bumpstops were cheaper than the oem ones by A LOT so I went with those knowing I had to attach them somehow. Overall, I think it'll work. I'm going to go without the isolators for now, and see how she rides. Worse case, I pull the spring again and attach them. Not a huge project lol.

SKorch630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #17
tirus89
1993 ZJ 

Holy giant photos Batman!

//93 ZJ//5.2L//NP249//K&N Fipk Gen II//2" BB w/BD AT Shocks//4.10's//31" Cooper Discovery STT's//Cstm Frnt Bmpr//Custom Rear Tube Bmpr//3" Magnaflow exhaust w/high flow cat//500RMS Pioneer Amp//600RMS 12" JL Audio Sub//
tirus89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirus89 View Post
Holy giant photos Batman!
Holy thread revival Robin!
Unread 06-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #19
jeepzj1998
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee95kid View Post
And for the rear I went Isolator BB then Spring. I also used a Tub Drain seal fitting to hold the BB snug to the Spring Retainer.
I also Extended the Spring Posts as well replaced all the Sway Bar Bushings and End Links.
On the rear, Is it possible to use the spring isolator on the bottom of the budget boost? BB-isolator-spring?
jeepzj1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #20
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Depends on the cut of the BB, but generally yes.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.