Bucks,Bogs and stalls - cant find the problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bucks,Bogs and stalls - cant find the problem

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
steelblue94
1994 ZJ 

Bucks,Bogs and stalls - cant find the problem

I need some help, and have try everything. I have a problem with it stalling out for no reason then starting right back up and running fine, sparatic bucks and bogs when given gas. The throttle body, IACV, were cleaned, had a tune up no more than a month ago. I am at a loss.

steelblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Id seafoam your engine, and gas tank. I did that to mine and my idle is so much better. Not sure if it will fix the starting problem, but i recently fixed my water pump and that fixed my stalling problem i had.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
steelblue94
1994 ZJ 

Thanks I'll try the seafoam, But I have already replaced the water pump when I first bought it. I have taken it to my mechanic several time explained and he cant figure out what is wrong.
steelblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I know that I have several spark plug wires that were burnt through. I'm also guessing that I need to replace the plugs and the distributor cap or at least remove and check it out for cross sparking.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Unhook your o2 sensor and see what happens.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.