Brush guard, Light bar, side rails material - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Brush guard, Light bar, side rails material

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Dtperrell
1995 ZJ 

Brush guard, Light bar, side rails material

So i've been thinking about making my own brush guard and side rails and maybe a light bar for my ZJ but im not sure what material to use. I'm on a low budget so I dont want to have to buy one when I have the ability to make my own with a little effort. I just want a simple tube style guard to go over my factory bumper. As for the side rails, I really like the way side steps look on ZJ's but I can't find any made specifically for them and I really dont want to spend money on buying one. I'm not sure about the light bar. Im thinking about just drilling holes in the rack on top and using that to put lights on. Any opinions? Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Dtperrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
My buddy used the existing rack for his lights, worked great. I made my side rails for cheap. Check the build thread

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Dtperrell
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
My buddy used the existing rack for his lights, worked great. I made my side rails for cheap. Check the build thread
I posted some questions on your thread. Hope you can get back to me soon. Im really interested
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtperrell View Post
I posted some questions on your thread. Hope you can get back to me soon. Im really interested
on it broham.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
Dtperrell
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
on it broham.
You've been a lot of help. But I just want to know your opinion about me putting all of this on my l6 ZJ. Like I said on your thread im nervous about putting all that steel on it
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

For an led light bar read this:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...ct-review.html

And check out snevey's offroad, I bought his dr 20 razor series, I got that over the highlander (hanma brand) because it has a better led and has a poly carbonate lense with the highlander has a glass lense. The highlander pro is a pc lense.

All the people you see selling these for cheaper prices is all just resold china stuff.

From the pirate site you will find 2 brands used a lot hanma and auroa. Hanma is very cheap priced bar its the entrance level if you will. The auroa is the top of the line chinese bar but its the most expensive chinese bar. Auroa bars are the same thing as ridgid bars (quailty wise) but for 2/3 the cost of ridgid.

Do your research on what company sells what for x amount plus shipping and see what the warranty is, just my opinion but for a 20" bar I found snevey's to be the best.

If you go on ebay and try to find a bar coming from china for less, can you yes but IF you have to send it back expect to pay 60 bucks to ship it there, idk if you would have to pay a customs fee when it first comes into the states. So all that money you thought you saved you just blew to get a warranty issue.

Can you get a light bar from hanma or Auroa directly yes, but expect to buy 10+ lights or pay a sample fee for buying less then the required amount. Which ends up being the same price people retail them for.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
My buddy used the existing rack for his lights, worked great.
Did the same on mine. Need to grab another rail from the local yard and drill it for four lights instead of five

Ignore the mismatched lights on that last pic lol
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.