Break and power steering problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Break and power steering problems

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 06-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
DevonsJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Break and power steering problems

When i first picked up my jeep it had a slow leak on the breaks. When i went to move it this spring i found the jeep now has no breaks. I'm pretty new to mechanics and would like to know where to start to find the leak.

Next, the power steering also had a leak and now has no powersteering. Same question applies.

Are there common weak points where these leaks occur.

DevonsJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Look on the inside of each of your wheels. Do you see any areas that appear to have oil on them anywhere? If so....check out that brake caliper. If not, fill the reservoir with brake fluid and pump the brakes with the engine running. It'll eventually show itself.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.