break noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > break noise

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-06-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
sacto-zj

break noise

this has been going on for aboue 4 months but just recently it started to get worse.... When I'm going below 10 or 15 mph for a long period of time *lets say in trafic* or when i'm just lightly tounching the break peddle for a distance *lets say to slow down for a stop light* I get this loud humming noise coming from the break peddle... the peddle also goes very stiff and vibrates slightly kinda like abs is engadging. This usualy goes away by me pressing on the peddle hard or by speeding up. Oh and the break light will SOMETIMES come on when it does this. I've checked my fluid levels and I blead the breaks not too long ago... any ideas?

Unread 05-06-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

uummmmm.........

you may want to check your pads. the "humming" noise is most probably the wear sensor rubbing on the rotor.
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #3
sacto-zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha_Kip
uummmmm.........

you may want to check your pads. the "humming" noise is most probably the wear sensor rubbing on the rotor.
no it wasn't the pads... it was almost like fart sound for lack of a better word. Plus the peddle geting stiff and vibrating wouldin't be cuased by that... but i pulled my abs fuse last night to c if that had neithing to do with it, and it seemed to fix it... so i'm thinking its prolly one of my speed sensors. So i guess fornow i'll just live with no abs.
Unread 05-07-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
sacto-zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha_Kip
uummmmm.........

no it wasn't the pads... it was almost like fart sound for lack of a better word. Plus the peddle geting stiff and vibrating wouldin't be cuased by that... but i pulled my abs fuse last night to c if that had neithing to do with it, and it seemed to fix it... so i'm thinking its prolly one of my speed sensors. So i guess fornow i'll just live with no abs.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.