brake warning light stayed on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > brake warning light stayed on

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 02-14-2002, 04:45 PM   #1
JohnS

brake warning light stayed on

I was cleaning and inspecting the rear drum brakes on my 94 JGC Laredo 4.0. When I was done the brake warning light stayed on. I do not know what caused it to light up. I disconnected the battery to see if it would clear the problem and it did not. There is nothing wrong (as far as I can tell) with the funcioning of the brakes. Do I have to clear the light with the DRB II scan tool? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2002, 08:09 PM   #2
Big Dumb White Guy

happened to me too. i replaced the brakes and it went away. maybe if you just dissassembled them and put them back together, it might go away. not sure though...
good luck!

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2002, 08:14 PM   #3
Kess

same thing happened to me, shoes were shot come to find out, replaced em, took care of it all

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.