Brake lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Brake lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

Brake lights

Well I replaced my brake light bulbs and I still don't have my left brake light when my headlights are on but it works when I hit the brakes

SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
SAR-Swimmer
1997 ZJ 

What? Your brake-lights shouldn't be on until you step on the brake, sounds like you have a running light out. Check your other bulbs.
SAR-Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Lol
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

I think that's what it was it would work when you hit brakes but 1 is out when you turn headlights off
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #5
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

So much wtfhuh?! My attempted translation is that one of your taillights are out but the brake light works? Could be bad wiring in the taillight circuit or you replaced the wrong bulb and the taillight bulb is still fried. If there were two bulbs, been a while since I've had my zj, can't remember
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 01:40 AM   #6
love2offroad
1994 ZJ 

He might be referring to the same bulb. IIRC they have 2 filaments and the brake is working while the tail is not. It may be wiring, or a faulty bulb where one filament is working and the other is blown. Hope this helps.

Then again they might be 2 seperate bulbs and you need to replace the RIGHT one.
Unread 02-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #7
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

1 bulb 2 filaments it's a 3057 ll
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #8
love2offroad
1994 ZJ 

Do both filaments look good inside? If you have a little coil looking connection that doesn't look broken then you might not be getting power through the socket. If one is broken then take it back to where you bought it and have them replace it for you on warranty

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.