Both alarms going off WTF? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Both alarms going off WTF?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
JT2WJ
2004 WJ 

Both alarms going off WTF?

Wrap your head around this one guys! I'm pulling the Mustang out of the garage today and had to pull the ZJ over to the side. Tucked it away in the back corner, no problem. Go to take it out a couple hours later the OEM alarm starts going off with the regular horn. NEVER has that gone off before. I bought the car with a DEI aftermarket alarm hasn't given me a problem. So while the horn alarm is going off I get in to try to start no luck. Now my aftermarket alarm starts wailing! It starts and shuts right down. Pull the battery terminal. Let it sit. Put it back on and aftermarket alarm will not stop. Currently the car will not start and lights will not stop blinking. Had to pull the battery! What The EFFFFF?! This is my daily and now I'm pretty screwed. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

BTW 94 GC limited 5.2

JT2WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Did a ground come loose?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
JT2WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Did a ground come loose?
A ground off of the aftermarket alarm?
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
ElCaminoManT
1993 ZJ 

try unlocking it from the hatch and see if that shuts the factory alarm off. might have broken wires in the door jamb wiring inside the rubber bellows. mine has had issues for a bit and in the last 2 weeks its had the alarm go off 3 times for no apparent reason. found multiple broken wires in the bellows...
1993 Jeep ZJ Laredo 4.0L/42RE 242 4x4. 3" springs. Front and rear RC tubular lowers. Rusty's adjustable rear uppers. RE double-sheer front track bar. JKS adjustable rear track bar. Bilstein 5100s. 31" Falken Rocky Mountain A/T. 15" Eagle wheels. V8 steering linkage.
ElCaminoManT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
JT2WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaminoManT View Post
try unlocking it from the hatch and see if that shuts the factory alarm off. might have broken wires in the door jamb wiring inside the rubber bellows. mine has had issues for a bit and in the last 2 weeks its had the alarm go off 3 times for no apparent reason. found multiple broken wires in the bellows...
Thank you I'll check that out tomorrow. Too late right now. The factory alarm with the horn is finally off. Just the aftermarket. Turns on as soon as battery terminal makes contact. And won't turn off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.