Boost Help and Ideas :D spacers? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Boost Help and Ideas :D spacers?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMan View Post
Okay, could I get the same basic 3.5" inch Kit or should I pay a little extra and get this one? Also can I put 3/4" spacers on all 4 shocks too? And if so will I need to do anything extra like extend brake lines? Links Are Below for everything. Thanks
If you can afford it, get that kit. cause its awsome and like ^^ said you wont need extended brake lines if you dont disconnect your end links. You may want to get the rear track bar drop bracket from IRO. its only 25 bucks or something. You will have a noticably shifted axle in the rear at 4.25"'s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russman View Post
Also here is a pic of my car as of now.

jeep, homie... jeep. you will learn young padawan... you will learn

[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #17
RussMan

So if I buy the rear track bar drop bracket from IRO I can lift it to 4.25" with out needing any thing else that is not already in that kit? Thanks Guys

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
RussMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #18
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMan View Post
So if I buy the rear track bar drop bracket from IRO I can lift it to 4.25" with out needing any thing else that is not already in that kit? Thanks Guys
just be aware that at 4.25"'s its going to be a rougher ride on stock control arms. the angles are pretty steep. as long as you can accept that you will be good until you get some cash and the "bug" to keep pouring into it lol.

also, your stock CA bushings are probably shot, so save up for new ones or plan on picking up some new CA's (can we say adjustables? ) in the future.
[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #19
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You need to do a lot more research, figure out exactly what size tire you want and what you will use the Jeep for and how much you have to spend. In the space of two days you went from doing a 2" BB to doing a 4.25" lift bare bones. The bushings in your control arms are most likely shot, or just about there. Lifting it will destroy them for sure and it will ride worse than a piece of heavy equipment.

If you are just looking for a beefier DD (nothing wrong with this) then you can do a 2" BB, get a good set of shocks and some longer endlinks for the swaybar.

If you go 3"+ you need a front and rear trackbar, drop brackets do not cut it. Long swaybar end links for the front and back, shocks for that height and control arms. Going over 3" on a budget will only leave you hating the vehicle.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift + spacers , lift advice , lift choices , lift help , spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.