Boingggg!!! in front end - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Boingggg!!! in front end

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-21-2003, 08:23 PM   #1
Choff

Boingggg!!! in front end

Hi, all
I'm new to this forum (this is my first post) so here goes.

I have a '93 JGC with about 116k on it. When I had an inspection done on it a few months ago, they told me the ball joints were worn. I had it aligned then (which lasted about 2 weeks).
Recently, when making a fast left turn (either fast in speed, or hammering the throttle) it has started going BOING from the right front wheel area.

Could this be related to the "worn ball joints?" If so, how difficult are they to replace? I was quoted 600 bucks from the shop I was at, which seemed totally outrageous.

Thanks!
Chris Hoff

Choff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2003, 08:40 AM   #2
Choff

Bumping it up ^ and adding more to be 20 characters
Choff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2003, 03:40 PM   #3
jeepme79
1998 ZJ 

If you had bad ball joints, there is no way the shop could have aligned it. Get your money back for the alignment, or fix the ball joints and have them re-do it.
89 XJ, stock
79 CJ7 - Options included ripped soft top, leaky 4.2L (5qts/week), ripped seats, 33" tires, bondo & gray primer
jeepme79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2003, 08:12 AM   #4
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

Ball Joints are not that hard.. Check your manual for directions and decide if you can do it or not..

If you decide to do it .. Go to Auto zone or something and buy a pickle fork and a 5 lb maul .. that will make it much easier..

I personally would not pay anyone that much money to do it..

It wont take you long to do your self..

Good luck...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.