Bohmen Headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bohmen Headlights

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-17-2003, 05:59 PM   #1
KillerZJ

Bohmen Headlights

Would these Bohmen 6000k H.I.D Headlights fit on my ZJ stock or would i have to have an actual HID conversion kit? thanks. And also what is the size of the headlamp casing? thanks. I am too lazy to go outside in the rain to measure at night.

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]

Last edited by KillerZJ; 03-17-2003 at 06:11 PM..
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2003, 07:18 PM   #2
Jeep4Life

for the bohmen yes because they are a real HID kit with ballasts and all you would not need to mod your houseing i dont know bout ZJ Headlight i belive its 9004 thats a dual beam bulb so you would loose your Highbeam with the HID conversion kit unless you want a really expensive Bi-xenon Light system but you dont really need your high beam the HID are bright enough www.proxenon.com has the kits for some where around 300-400 i belive depending on the color temp.

as for gettin bulbs cheap www.motionr.com has look HID like looking bulbs which last and are not the fake blue coated bulbs i have 2 pairs of them before i get my bohmen hid kit they looked cool similar to lexus HID hope that answers your question.
Bohmen 6000k H.I.D Headlights
Alpine CVA-1006 DVD Navigation System
Optima RedTop Starter Battery
Jeep4Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2003, 08:07 PM   #3
Beachead19

Putting a HID kit in the ZJ housing has been done by many with awful results. Our housings are crap, period. There is no cutoff points for the light and the HID runs rampant blinding other drivers. Check this site if you are dying for HID - BMW ZJ
Kolak Ignition
-----------------------------------------
Beachead19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2003, 03:47 PM   #4
Jeep4Life

yah the ZJ headlights are not see through they look wierd but people sand them to get better light output from stock and HID kits they do not blind drivers if you center and postion them correct if you cant there is brackets to put on the bulb to reflect the beam
Unread 03-19-2003, 08:56 AM   #5
KillerZJ

so if i sand them wont they get all rough and nasty? i wish i could buy a conversion that looks like the WJ. or custom fit one (that would be hard, right?)

Unread 03-19-2003, 04:49 PM   #6
Jeep4Life

i dont know about sandblasting its not that there dirty its just how they came form the factory there like an ivory color you can get clear glass ones from here they look cool with HID Headlights i have seen a ZJ with these and a hella HID system http://www.rigidsteel.com/ZJLights.html
Unread 03-19-2003, 05:17 PM   #7
Beachead19

The E-Code glass lenses would be a better idea for HID. I know that they have better beam pattern and focus. Go fo it.
Kolak Ignition
-----------------------------------------
Beachead19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2003, 05:20 PM   #8
KillerZJ

thanks alot that is what i ahve been looking for, for a long time. sweet!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.