Blowing Fog Fuse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blowing Fog Fuse

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Blowing Fog Fuse

I keep blowing my 20 amp fog light fuse. The previous owner had cut the wires going to the fog lights so we reconnected them black to black and blue to blue with some kind of electricians tool (if it helps anyone it rhymed with Lego, but I can't remember what it was called. I'll ask when he gets home.) The previous owner had left one bulb in and it was all corroded so we cleaned up the connections and put some new H3 bulbs in it. However we keep blowing the fuse. So far its been about three. Any idea what could be causing it? Thanks for the help.

_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
KyleSekora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

They were called wagos (ideal insures)
Could these be causing the problem?
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

One of your LB wires is shorted to ground. Use an ohmmeter, check for damaged wires or shorts in the wires, housings, connectors, etc.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
RevZJ
1996 ZJ 

Just had the same issue myself. A wire was pulled tight inside the fog lamp and was grounding out. Pulled back some slack and re-insulated wire and was all good. 2 screws on the bottom of the lamp open it up and you can see what's going on in there. Hope this helps.
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Built up charge after reconnection? if all else is good and it still keeps blowing, throw in a higher higher amp fuse? did this one time for something (have no idea what it was anymore), and it worked. After about an hour I pulled the higher and put in a standard one again.
Unread 05-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Hey guys. Thanks for all the help.
The other day while I was at work my roommate figured it out for me. It turned out that there was so much corrosion on one of the connections it was creating a short/arc and blowing the fuse.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.