Blower Resistor (Again) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blower Resistor (Again)

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 11-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
ChrisLe@MindSpr
2010 JK Wrangler 

Blower Resistor (Again)

Yet another blower resistor question.

I have a 1994 Grand Cherokee Limited that, at first, only blew heat on high. Tolerated this for a while knowing that I would ultimately need to replace the resistor. Waited too long and now I'm getting nothing and constantly blowing the 30amp blower fuse.

Time to replace the resistor and the motor while I'm at it. Since no auto parts store has them in stock, I decided to look online. The only problem I'm having is that none of the pictures of the blower resistor online remotely look like the one I took out of the vehicle... Enclosed are pics of my resistor... Am I missing something? Any idea where the best place to get it?

Thanks for the help...

ChrisLe@MindSpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
BlackbeastZJ
1995 ZJ 

Sorry this wont answer your question....But my 95 ZJ has the same problem with the heat only blowing on high, I know its the blower resistor, but I'm not sure where thats actually located?

[SIZE="1"][B]1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, blacked out
4.0 I6, NP249, D30-D35 with 3.73 gears
LED Interior and gauge lights, Silverstar Ultra's
Tinted tails, Baja fogs, Bedlined bumpers, removed cladding
Iron Rock Offroad 3.5" lift, 15x8 Cragar D Windows, 32" BFG A/T's
Curt trailer hitch, Cobra CB with 4ft RS antenna[/B][/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/black-beast-95-zj-build-922921/"][B][SIZE="3"][B]My build Thread[/B][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[SIZE="2"]Black Jeep Society
Christian Jeep Owners #37[/SIZE][/CENTER]
BlackbeastZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
ChrisLe@MindSpr
2010 JK Wrangler 

Its located under the glove compartment, right next to the blower itself.. Not hard too find or remove... Just stick your head under the passenger side footwell, look up and you'll see it...
ChrisLe@MindSpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Pepakorn

I HAve the same problem, you're not alone, i pray that anyone who will comment on this can answer my question as well... i have removed the pieces brought them everywhere i can think of, every autopart distributor, looked on google... done everything possible. I have searched high and low. The physical aspect of replacing these parts is not a problem. i just in dire need of any information which can lead me to where i can find the part itself.

Last edited by Pepakorn; 01-18-2011 at 11:07 AM..
Pepakorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Balboa
1994 ZJ 

Been there--twice. 94ZJ with ATC.

Sorry, but I don't think you have any choice but to go to a dealer for this part. The few listed on eBay are used and not really cheap enough for me to take the chance on a used part. Salvage yard parts have mostly been harvested and again are of unknown condition.

I got mine at http://moparonlineparts.com Part #4720046

Decent discount and good service. At least they are still available.

There is no work around or substitute for this part. A penalty for having ATC.

Also, make sure your blower motor and fan are spinning freely.

Mark
Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.