Blower motor resistor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blower motor resistor

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #1
93ZJbeast
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Blower motor resistor

A few questions:

1) does 93-98 ZJ's use the same resistor, and

2) does anyone have a pic of where the resistor is? I see many wires but nothing that resembles a removable item.

Thanks in advanced

-Phil

93ZJbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #2
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Granted this is for the WJ, but check the links within this thread for pic's. It's just below the glove box on the passengers side, closest to the firewall. It screws up into the vent from underneath.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...motor+resistor

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
93ZJbeast
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thanks for the reply, anyone else??? I KNOW one of u guys have done this on a ZJ... help me out!
Unread 02-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

Manual or auto controlled climate?

2 different packs i beleive.

Its on the left side of the blower motor under the passenger dash.. Unplug the harness and 2 screws holding it in..

If its shot it will work on high but no lower settings..

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
TomStromie

It's a piece of cake to replace if it is anything like my 2002 GC.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtop...1531299426b6bb

It took most time to get the electrical connection apart. Be sure to unbolt the resistor first before pulling the electrical connection apart. I didn't and it took two weeks for the torn skin on my knuckle to heal.
TomStromie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 04:20 AM   #6
93ZJbeast
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Joe-
Manual or auto controlled climate?

2 different packs i beleive.

Its on the left side of the blower motor under the passenger dash.. Unplug the harness and 2 screws holding it in..

If its shot it will work on high but no lower settings..
Automatic.

Ok i locatedit but didnt take it out yet... Now if its shot does that mean high should work? It does not work on any setting. And the auto climate control u can set it to like 50 different settings it looks like. Do you think possibly it could be my unit it self? Is their a way to check? Im sick of using this getto switch i have and it only blowes out at hair ripping speed and nothing else

Ill take it out and see if theirs any signs of discoloration or the likes
Unread 02-04-2007, 06:54 AM   #7
niko
1996 ZJ 

If the resistor is bad it should only work on high...but on RARE cases it won't work at all. Try directly connecting the ground that goes into the resistor to the blower motor. If that doesn't work then it's either your switch or a ground to the switch.
I had a similar problem and found that one of the two grounds to the switch was broken. So I just grounded it by sticking a wire from the switch to the nearest metal surface and now I have heat.
Nik
niko is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.