JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Blinker problem (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/blinker-problem-1515843/)

TitletownZJ 04-28-2013 04:08 PM

Blinker problem

Yesterday I set the alarm on the ZJ off and tried to turn it off with the remote but it was missing a battery so I popped the hood and pulled the horn fuse. Then went in the house to get new batteries and then turned it off. I plugged the horn fuse back in and now my blinkers and my info counsel dont work. I found a blown fuse so I replaced it and once again it blew any thoughts help anything thanks

TitletownZJ 04-29-2013 06:15 AM

Bump

KoreaZJ 04-29-2013 08:39 AM

Do you mean horn "relay"...? Problems all started with pulling/installing the relay?

Junction Block Fuse#6 supplies power to turn/hazard flasher, VIC, NSS, day/night mirror.

Disconnect the battery NEG cable, grab an ohmmeter and isolate the short. Seems unrelated to pulling the horn relay.

ROFLwaffles 04-29-2013 11:48 AM

It's probably low on fluid.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ps72177aca.jpg

Texas ZJ1 04-29-2013 04:18 PM

Great stuff, long lasting and won't freeze in the summer.

TitletownZJ 05-02-2013 05:08 AM

To funny guys. I found it was the relay nut now it won't start in park so I'm assuming my neutral safety switch is bad since it ing starts in neutral. Any thoughts???????

TitletownZJ 09-11-2013 02:06 PM

OK I'm still having blinker issues. while my blinkers some times work it would also only start in neutral so that lead me to believe that the neutral safety switch was bad so I replaced that and now it starts in park like it should but now my blinkers only work when I turn the hazards on and off then they work im totally lost please help. Also the overhead console don't work anymore. the fuse is good I've checked that.

eagsc7 09-11-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitletownZJ (Post 15911825)
OK I'm still having blinker issues. while my blinkers some times work it would also only start in neutral so that lead me to believe that the neutral safety switch was bad so I replaced that and now it starts in park like it should but now my blinkers only work when I turn the hazards on and off then they work im totally lost please help. Also the overhead console don't work anymore. the fuse is good I've checked that.

Yeah, your low on 'blinker' fluid. Lol

Kingr98 09-11-2013 03:51 PM

Isn't there a blinker relay behind the passenger's kick panel? Could that be going bad?

I don't have my field service manual with me to check right now.

TitletownZJ 09-17-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingr98 (Post 15915105)
Isn't there a blinker relay behind the passenger's kick panel? Could that be going bad?

I don't have my field service manual with me to check right now.

I replaced it with a brand new one and still nothing.

Hahaha Blinker fluid that so FREAKIN FUNNY if your not going try helping then Shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gunfight::gunfight::gunfight:

zjosh93 09-17-2013 08:54 AM

IMS there are separate flasher modules for the hazards and turn signals. If your hazards work then you probably have good wiring after the flasher. I don't remember where the hazard flasher is but my turn signal flasher is above my pedals. Of course mine is a 93 so that may not matter to your 98. A wiring diagram should tell you where the flasher gets power, most likely the multi function switch, and you can start tracing from there.

What have you done to try and diagnose your problem?

EDIT: When you turn the turn signal on does the light come on and not flash or do you get nothing at all?

TitletownZJ 09-18-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zjosh93 (Post 16078297)
EDIT: When you turn the turn signal on does the light come on and not flash or do you get nothing at all?

I get noting at all when I try to turn them on

TitletownZJ 09-22-2013 01:37 PM

Well I got the blinkers finally working. I cleaned the contacts in the multi function switch and replaced the fuses and bingo we for blinkers

The time now is 02:31 PM.