blend doors done..........codes still there ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > blend doors done..........codes still there ??

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 02-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
jeepster2000
2004 WJ 

blend doors done..........codes still there ??

well the jeep went into the dealers for a few days to get the dreaded blend air and recirculation doors done (all under warrenty thank god),anyway picked the jeep up yesterday,was told by the dealer the new doors were in and calibrated,road test done and all was good,the drive home was nice (according to my wife),heat was plentifull,now heres the but,you can still hear what appears to be the doors moving toward the bottom of the dash,so when she gets home today i check the HVAC for codes,and guess what,the codes it's throwing are 54 and 56 (left and right door travel too far i believe) .
obviously am going to go back to dealer to complain about this,but is there anything i can do to check further myself before going in and having a rant?

Unread 02-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Sounds like they didn't clear the history - I'd just tell them to clear it, and if it comes back, tell them to have a blast doing it again
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
jeepster2000
2004 WJ 

well,cleared the codes manually by myself last thing last night (as per the WJ jeeps.com site),gone out for a run this morning,come back and checked the HVAC again for codes,and the 0 is now appearing......
would the dealer have cleared the codes with the DRB,or just forgot the clear them like i did manually?
Unread 02-24-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

If everything works fine, it is. I would not worry so much about the HVAC codes. Your going to know easily if something goes wrong there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.