Blend door replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blend door replacement

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
curt93t/t

Blend door replacement

I've heard you need to basically take the dash out, but how much of a pain is it to replace these? Are the doors the problem or is the it motor that controls them? I can't find the manual, but if I remember correctly I got one fault saying travel is too much, can't remember the other one. One last thing, how much do these parts run?

curt93t/t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
crashcraddock
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt93t/t View Post
I've heard you need to basically take the dash out, but how much of a pain is it to replace these? Are the doors the problem or is the it motor that controls them? I can't find the manual, but if I remember correctly I got one fault saying travel is too much, can't remember the other one. One last thing, how much do these parts run?
There are many ways to go about fixing these. Your best bet is to use the search function on this site, the info is unlimited. Also a great site with a complete write up is WJJeeps.com - Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ 1999-2004 and JeepsUnlimited.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin both of these sites have write ups. The jeeps unlimited write up is and addendum to the wjjeeps write up. All info is in here, prices, even what wrench size you'll need to use.

You could go the easy way and use heater treater, or the others like it, but then you lose the dual climate control.(maybe not an issue to you) In the end do it yourself, take time to not misplace anything and save hundreds of dollars. Then you can laugh every time you drive by the mechanic's garage.
crashcraddock is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.