A bit of a dif. exhaust idea for 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A bit of a dif. exhaust idea for 4.0

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 07-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
jfabian
1993 ZJ 

A bit of a dif. exhaust idea for 4.0

Ok, so I did some searching and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I have a pretty cooky idea for the exhaust system on my ZJ. I want to do basically and "true dual" exhaust on the 4.0. Take an aftermarket header, cut it where the header tubes combine before the collector, make two collector points (like a newer Wrangler header), run 2inch pipe from there, X-pipe it where the O2 sensor is, then into a Flowmaster 50 dual in/out and then out the back on both sides of the trailer hitch. or to save some effort, use a newer Wrangler exhaust manifold if it would fit and just plug where the two O2 sensors would go. It's something different and unique (isn't that why we drive ZJ's and not Wranglers?), and I am curious how it would sound and if there would be any negative effects. What do y'all think? And if it's been discussed on the forum or anywhere else, let me know! Thanks for reading!

Unread 07-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Yes, you could make it work.

Yes, it would probably sound awesome.

No, you would not be able to go offroading with it like that.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
jfabian
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
No, you would not be able to go offroading with it like that.
Why wouldn't I be able to wheel with it like that? It would be just like every other single exhaust, I would just have two pipes running and would have to make sure I have clearance for the rear axle. And I am going to get it as close to the chassis as possible. This is my DD and I do wheel occasionally, but nothing too crazy cuz I don't want to break anything and since it's my only vehicle I can't have it down for long lengths of time.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.