Bilstein Valving for Lifted ZJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bilstein Valving for Lifted ZJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #16
AAA
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWagon View Post
Any results with the revalved Bilsteins?

Yes, results:
So, to recap, I went from stock valving of 126/47 front, and 255/70 rear to revalving of 275/78 front, and kept the rear at 255/70. This has made a HUGE difference in the way the Jeep handles both on-road and off-road. I could tell that it was a little stiffer on pavement, but in a good way. It was still smooth and handled well. Once I went offroad and disconnected the sway bar, it acted like a Jeep should, giving me rebound and resistance when it should. I have to say that I am happy with this setup now. I think if I had opted for 255/70 front, it would have been just a tad too soft. If this was a dedicated rock rig, I might have gone with the 360/80, but I think that would be too harsh for the wheeling I do.

I am completely happy with the setup now, and would suggest that if you aren't happy with the way your Bilsteins react, then look into what valving you have and what your options are and if it is cost effective for you to get them revalved.

AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #17
IronWagon

Thanks for the update.
IronWagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.