Bilstein Shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bilstein Shocks

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-30-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
maxpsi

Bilstein Shocks

Hi:

I'm looking to get a set of Bilstein shocks for my '02 Overland. Has anyone installed these and know the correct part#'s and a good place to source them from?

Thanks in advance

maxpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
m3photo

Research, anyone?

Please at least try something simple like www.bilstein.com first.
There without too much hard work you'll find a page that says:

Make: JEEP
Type: Utility 2WD & 4WD (Standard Suspension)
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ) Including Sahara package and UpCountry
Year: 99-03
Setting: HD
Front: BE5-2963
Rear: BE5-2964
(Forget their litttle mistake about (ZJ), they mean (WJ) 'cos the years are right anyway)

Then, there's a link at the top of their main page that says "Where to buy" and, guess what: it takes you to:
http://www.bilstein.com/html/wheretobuy/index.htm

I think the forum is for AFTER you tried......
m3photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 01:54 PM   #3
maxpsi

I did search and found lots of conflicting information about what shocks fit what model years. (as you noted in your reply). I found no specific data relating the the Overland model at all. I thought that since the OL has a different suspension set-up, that what would fit a limited or Larado, might not fit a OL. I was also looking for a response from someone who had actually did the install as well.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3photo
Please at least try something simple like www.bilstein.com first.
There without too much hard work you'll find a page that says:

Make: JEEP
Type: Utility 2WD & 4WD (Standard Suspension)
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ) Including Sahara package and UpCountry
Year: 99-03
Setting: HD
Front: BE5-2963
Rear: BE5-2964
(Forget their litttle mistake about (ZJ), they mean (WJ) 'cos the years are right anyway)

Then, there's a link at the top of their main page that says "Where to buy" and, guess what: it takes you to:
http://www.bilstein.com/html/wheretobuy/index.htm

I think the forum is for AFTER you tried......
maxpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

Donít fool around; call them direct and speak to a human. Get the pn#ís, then search the WWW for the cheapest price.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 12:49 AM   #5
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Go to www.shox.com I just bought a set about two weeks ago and put them on, all you have to do is put in the year/make/model and they do the rest, they will send you 2 front/2 rear. I paid $259 shipped and it was by far the easiest route I could have went and I got them in 4 days. The ride is unreal compared to the stock ones that were on there. Take it from somebody that reasearched buying shocks for almost a month (forums, polls, etc...)

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 10:39 AM   #6
Robb100

SOme dude sells them on ebay for $219. thats where i got mine. install is really easy. search the archive, because instructions have been posted several times.

rob
Unread 07-01-2004, 04:12 PM   #7
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Seen those also, for what it's worth. They are $219 on ebay if you are the only one bidding on them, then you have to wait until the auction is over (could be 5-7 days), they are usually $229 with Buy it now and then $29 shipping ( ) = $258.00 and I also read some negative feedback in there also. So you can spend $1 more ($259.00) and get them from a reputable dealer and guaranteed delivery within a week with install directions included. I told you I did my research, I searched every possible place and found this was the best risk free option.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.