bike rack/ski rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > bike rack/ski rack

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 09-14-2004, 07:50 PM   #1
coops1105

bike rack/ski rack

Does anybody know if there are any bike/ski rack combinations out there? I dont really want to have to buy two racks. Preferably for the top of my car since I dont have a trailer hitch.

Unread 09-15-2004, 02:29 AM   #2
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

Look into Yakima. With their lowrider mount series, you can get different attachments that will plug right in for whatever you need it for at the time.
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2004, 04:52 AM   #3
ou2mame

you're not going to find a bike/ski rack carrier combo... such a thing i don't think exists. but you can get a utility bar setup like said above, and just get the seperate attachments. i'd go with thule though, their products are great. i've got a thule setup with a snowboard carrier. goto thule.com and check it out.
ou2mame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2004, 06:42 AM   #4
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Coops,

you're awefully busy getting a lift and bike / ski carrier. Now, I had the 4.5 lift and got really tired of putting the bike up top. However, it does make a great wind break or sail.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
JeepStangGuy
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have a softride hitch mount rack, I chose it because you can lock the rack to the hitch and then you can get a steel bar that goes over the bikes and locks them to the rack, the base unit is the same for the ski rack you just have to swap out the bars.

MSRP $320
Ski/Snowboard attachment $119
Hitch Lock $35

And if you have your jeep lifted it will be easier to put them on the back then climbing up an putting them on the top.

David
JeepStangGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2004, 12:14 PM   #6
coops1105

Texas
Well I wasnt going to get the rack right away but I will be living in Colorado next year for college and you can't live in Colorado w/o a lift, bike rack, and snowboard rack. Those are essentials.
Unread 09-15-2004, 10:05 PM   #7
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Well,

It was UNCOOL coming down the mountains in high winds with a mountain bike uptop with the 4.5 and 32s. The wind caused some fun lane changes.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2004, 10:12 PM   #8
coops1105

Haha thats pretty funny. I am thinking about just getting a normal ski rack and a bike rack for the back of my jeep. I dont think the cost will be that much different. o well we will see when the time comes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.