Bigger Shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bigger Shocks

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 05-05-2003, 07:55 AM   #1
KillerZJ

Bigger Shocks

Can I use shocks for a 2" or 3" lifted ZJ but keep the stock springs? What will it do to the ride quality and control? (the whole point of the is alot more flex until I buy some lift coils). And can I drive without my UCA's or should I not do that?

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Yes, you can ride on longer shocks. You could bottom them out and damage them also. They aren't centered to have the full compression and extension if the springs aren't long enough.

Never drive without the UCAs attached. Very bad things will happen.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2003, 06:41 AM   #3
KillerZJ

alrighty, thanks. So how do you recommend getting a good amount of flex (for a 2" System or BB) and still be able to run 31-32's? I have heard of a 2" BB and Rusty's 3" shocks on Jeeps Unlimited. It flexes alot.

Unread 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM   #4
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Killer,

I would recommend a 3.5 inch lift for you. You have a lot of high quality stereo equipment in the jeep which you would want to keep the same high level of quality on the lift.

The ZJ is not a cheap vehicle to lift and have it work like you would want it to. So, since you have put so much into it so far, I would highly suggest keeping it at a level of quality that you are used to.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #5
KillerZJ

Alrighty, thanks. Your right about putting so much into it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.