Big Bling ZJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Big Bling ZJ

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Poison Spyder from CCOR!JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 12-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #61
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

jeep_on,

Don't worry about a pissing match, I'm not upset at all.

You comment on how secure the first ZJ is/was: Matt pulled that thing from Pittsburgh to Moab and back, it stayed on the trailer just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
How much trimming would I need to do to fit 42's with just a BB?
With a 2" BB, you would have trim quite a bit, if you get your hands on a 2.25" BB, everything is just bolt up, even the full widths.

Project TORTOISE Build-up thread

JCR Rock Sliders Ford Taurus E-fan Install Dana 20 Twin Stick
EMTimZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #62
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Yeah the extra .25" makes a huge difference when you are running full width axles.
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #63
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Well I figure with enough backspacing (like a -4" backspacing) and wide enough axles, it would be wider then the body and no trimming would be necessary at all
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #64
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Right........

I think I'll just crawl back in my hole now. I now feel less smart thanks to this.
Unread 12-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #65
Nick ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
I have every interest in going off road. That thing is just over kill. Its to damn wide / high to make it into some places I could get a stocker into. Mite as well own a Hummer if you gonna have some thing like that.

I applaud him on taking the time to do this. I know it must have taken a lot of trial and error to get every thing to work right. Its just over kill is all I'm saying. Can't drive it on the street, can't trailer it, so unless he has a huge back yard, its worthless.

Why would he want to go somewhere you can only bring your stocker? Where is the challange? You cant bring your stocker on the Rubicon now can you? I guess every rig that is not stock like yours is just overkill then? Where is there a height limit on a trail? Its not like he is taking this thing to the mall or through the Burger King drive through. I agree with everyone else that you have nothing to back up your statements with and that you should just stop posting.

Quote:
This is the classic "Unstoppable Force" versus "Immoveable Object" debate. The result? Destruction of the Universe.
Quote:
last time i tried fording a river 2 of my oxen died and i got dysentary
Nick ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #66
Nick ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Tim,

Iím not gonna get into a pissing match over a ZJ here. Granted, that beastly thing could probably climb over a house, but it would useless in any thing other than rocks / sand. But hey, thatís what its built for right? It would be completely useless on a real trail out in the woods some where. Great for climbing a rock face, not so great to run the trails with the boys on the weekend.

Okay, you got me on the trailer thing, but look at that first ZJ (I think thatís what it is) Its not even on the deck, its got its tires up on the fenders. Iím sure that thing is real safe like thatÖ Sure it will stay there the first speed bump you go over. And the other ZJ, well ya, I totally forgot about deck-over trailer. Their nice since you donít have to worry about the fenders taking up space.

Lifted Jeep are nice, than theres just overkill.

It would rule in every situation. Why would it not be good in mud. Those must be some hardcore trails your bringing your stocker on if he cant bring his huge ZJ on some of your "real trails." Even so, the rig is purpose built, just like everyone elses rig, and just like your rig. He likes rocks, and you like hardcore stocker trails. I guess his rig is worthless to you, but maybe not to him.

Quote:
This is the classic "Unstoppable Force" versus "Immoveable Object" debate. The result? Destruction of the Universe.
Quote:
last time i tried fording a river 2 of my oxen died and i got dysentary
Nick ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2006, 06:43 AM   #67
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

AW,

that is great work. I can't imagine the time and effort you've put into your jeep. If I dropped off mine, and couple grand, could you hook a brother up?

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #68
AprilzWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1
AW,

that is great work. I can't imagine the time and effort you've put into your jeep. If I dropped off mine, and couple grand, could you hook a brother up?

Hunter
You know I would...

Ive done FARRRR more work for other peeps rigs than my own !

Oh and jeep-on, we do have trees here in CA... and my ZJ is 85" wide 95" tall which is a great ratio, better than 8" kit on stock axles I can tell you that.

And a side note my trailer is 83" wide (deck side to side). So 2" hanging over with a 15" wide tire is not an issue.

It funny that someone can think that I can build this monster ZJ, and not get all the other stuff figured out... like trailer, where to wheel... and so on.

Full Cage
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9DtksKafa8[/url]
[url="http://fototime.com/inv/811364F3EB1A66B"]My pix[/url]
AprilzWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 01:49 AM   #69
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

AW that is an awesome rig and right now I am hell bent on building something quite similar, just not as much lift. We will see when it's done how it pans out. In the mean time sweet rig you got there!!! I've seen your junk on MC and it is definatley a sweet build!

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 02:11 AM   #70
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Jerod you plannin on a Rubicon run anytime soon, or are you lookin at GSR for your next one?
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #71
AprilzWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake
Jerod you plannin on a Rubicon run anytime soon, or are you lookin at GSR for your next one?

Im not sure... I need a tow rig before I do GSW, but now Ill do the Con, but the rig is still not done...Ill post more pics tonight.
Full Cage
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #72
nierace
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
Yeah he was a little wide, but he got through just fine.

That looks like a tight trail, even a TJ would be a little wide.
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #73
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Yeah a TJ lost a fender flare permanently on that run. My whip snagged a few trees, but I came out with just a few new racing stripes.
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #74
AprilzWarrior

some pics from today...

I had to refab ALL 4 rear long arms since I pushed the rear axle back 4-5" or so... I still have to move the Upper Coil mounts back, no bigge tomorrows project, and maybe build an upper shock truss/mount.

Fuel tank is the biggest issue at this point, I need to figure that out, before she sees dirt.

I also have a front Line Lock to install.

And the wheel base is now 112"

AW
Full Cage
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #75
nierace
2003 WJ 

Looks sick...

Those tires look so massive on a ZJ
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.