Big Bling ZJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Big Bling ZJ

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-24-2006, 10:38 PM   #46
GrandFormer2134
ZJ 

Damn dude I think I just ya...like ummmmhit my peak! lol **** is wicked sick!

Unread 12-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #47
H3RESQ

Nice cage. I'm impressed. I know how hard it is to get all the peices in and welded all the way around. Takes some thought. Good Job!
First I sit and watch. Then I stir the pot!...................................01 4.7 Rockkrawler 6.5 w/37 Krawlers on Allied Monster beadlocks, Auto, Atlas 3.8, 35 spline ARB'd 9 inch rear, ARB'd Piece-o-**** 30 front, etc.

If you have a "It's a jeep thing" sticker then YOU don't understand!!!
H3RESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2006, 03:47 PM   #48
Mr Q X
1995 ZJ 

dam nice jeep
Mr Q X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #49
PumaZJ

Jerod,

what happened to the cheezy billet grille?

-E

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4421
PumaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #50
jeep_on

Iím sorry, but that is with out a dought the most ridiculous ugly looking ZJ Iíve ever seen! What good is it? You couldnít even get that thing on a trailer, and it would suck on pavement on its way to where ever it would be wheeling. What a total waste of time and money. The only decent part of that whole beastly thing is the cage. Nice work on that. But every thing else is just, wrong.

Sorry, but I canít understand why some one would rape a Jeep like that.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #51
PumaZJ

jeep_on,

You my friend are an idiot. That pretty much sums it up.

-E

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4421
PumaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:02 AM   #52
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

no, he just apparently has no interest whatsoever going off a paved road. now lets get back on topic so this doesnt get closed. whenever a thread gets good on this forum and peoples opinons start flying and i want to learn from them and cant wait for more, it gets closed

now back on topic: freakin awesome jeep!
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #53
jeep_on

I have every interest in going off road. That thing is just over kill. Its to damn wide / high to make it into some places I could get a stocker into. Mite as well own a Hummer if you gonna have some thing like that.

I applaud him on taking the time to do this. I know it must have taken a lot of trial and error to get every thing to work right. Its just over kill is all I'm saying. Can't drive it on the street, can't trailer it, so unless he has a huge back yard, its worthless.

Quote:
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
Unread 12-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #54
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

jeep_on,

While you are entitled to your own opinion, try backing up your statements with facts.

Too big for a trailer? What would ever make you say that with a straight face? inexperience!?

This rig fits... guess what, just as wide and 42" tires!

Look! It is actually wheeling some where your stockers (all three of them!) won't go!

Fits! Full widths, pretty tall, sorry only 38" tires!

Actually wheeling!

Look, you don't have to like his rig one bit. However, making outrageous statements that are not even remotely close to being true is ridiculous!

Project TORTOISE Build-up thread

JCR Rock Sliders Ford Taurus E-fan Install Dana 20 Twin Stick
EMTimZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #55
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Jeep on, I have to agree with the rest of them. There are plenty of places he can go that you can't. There will be the ocasional spot that he might not fit, but for the most part, he'll be fine. A buddy of mine wheels a K-5 on 40's and the local club has a soon to be member with a H1 on 42's that go down the trails just fine, and they are full width. Now they get a few more scratches on their sides, but that's about it.

There are no Hummer Recovery jokes up here anymore. He goes anywhere the Jeeps go and usually pulls the Jeeps out of their predicaments when their winches don't have enough power to free themselves.
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #56
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

How much trimming would I need to do to fit 42's with just a BB?
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #57
jeep_on

Tim,

Iím not gonna get into a pissing match over a ZJ here. Granted, that beastly thing could probably climb over a house, but it would useless in any thing other than rocks / sand. But hey, thatís what its built for right? It would be completely useless on a real trail out in the woods some where. Great for climbing a rock face, not so great to run the trails with the boys on the weekend.

Okay, you got me on the trailer thing, but look at that first ZJ (I think thatís what it is) Its not even on the deck, its got its tires up on the fenders. Iím sure that thing is real safe like thatÖ Sure it will stay there the first speed bump you go over. And the other ZJ, well ya, I totally forgot about deck-over trailer. Their nice since you donít have to worry about the fenders taking up space.

Lifted Jeep are nice, than theres just overkill.

Quote:
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #58
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Okay, you got me on the trailer thing, but look at that first ZJ (I think that’s what it is) Its not even on the deck, its got its tires up on the fenders. I’m sure that thing is real safe like that… Sure it will stay there the first speed bump you go over.
Look at that picture again. The back tires are not on yet. When he pulls forward he will pull forward of the fenders and all will be perfect for tie down. In fact if they hit a bump the fenders will be a back up to keep it from rolling off.

Driving on the fenders to get on a trailer is something even I have had to do with my ZJ without full widths.

I advise you not to post another comment in this section.
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #59
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Granted, that beastly thing could probably climb over a house, but it would useless in any thing other than rocks / sand. But hey, that’s what its built for right? It would be completely useless on a real trail out in the woods some where. Great for climbing a rock face, not so great to run the trails with the boys on the weekend.
I don't see the difference between a rock face and out in the woods...At least here in Colorado the trails in the woods have both rocks, and tree's.

The only limitation would be width on a trail, but the hard trails out here are really wide and in the open, and the easier trails are more narrow. Sure it can't drive on everything, but neither can a stocker. There is no such thing as a Jeep that can climb over everything.
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #60
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Yeah he was a little wide, but he got through just fine.

K-5 on 40's

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.