Big Bling ZJ - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Big Bling ZJ

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Reply
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #331
toby42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15
You have a link to that vid?

toby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #332
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!
 
ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 23,079
Did you try looking in his signature?
__________________
'04 WJ, 6" Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 35" BFG MT KM2's, 4.56 gears, & D44a locked
'14 WK2 Limited w/5.7L, ORAI, & Tow Package
ArloGuthroJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #333
AprilzWarrior
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 147
Swapped out my Anti-Rock Arms for 2" Offset ones, and took it out for some flex testing... works great.









Much more flex, and less binding like I had with the shorter A-R arms.
+Im running out of **** to flex on.


AW
__________________
5.9
SolidAxle HP60
BTF 14bolt
Full Cage
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9DtksKafa8[/url]
[url="http://fototime.com/inv/811364F3EB1A66B"]My pix[/url]
AprilzWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #334
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim
 
FPKites's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilzWarrior View Post
Swapped out my Anti-Rock Arms for 2" Offset ones, and took it out for some flex testing... works great.






Much more flex, and less binding like I had with the shorter A-R arms.
+Im running out of **** to flex on.


AW
Did you vacuum the air out of that front right tire J?
__________________
Jim Karlin
"How the heck do you get there?"
"Duh! Big RED Jeep!!!"
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #335
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!
 
ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 23,079
Doesn't look like you're getting much compression (uptravel) on that rear axle...am I wrong or would some softer springs in the back help you out there?
__________________
'04 WJ, 6" Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 35" BFG MT KM2's, 4.56 gears, & D44a locked
'14 WK2 Limited w/5.7L, ORAI, & Tow Package
ArloGuthroJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #336
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor
 
5.9 ANDY's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: southern afganistan
Posts: 5,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
Doesn't look like you're getting much compression (uptravel) on that rear axle...am I wrong or would some softer springs in the back help you out there?
perhaps he could get a stock front ZJ spring from a high milage JEEP, that should be soft enough.
__________________
hard working private first class in the United States Marine Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #337
Sporer65
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Powder Springs, Georgia/University of Tennessee
Posts: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
perhaps he could get a stock front ZJ spring from a high milage JEEP, that should be soft enough.
But I bet no where near the length he would need.
__________________
Ben

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #338
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor
 
5.9 ANDY's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: southern afganistan
Posts: 5,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
But I bet no where near the length he would need.
o my gosh, i never thought of that!!!
__________________
hard working private first class in the United States Marine Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #339
sandman
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Posts: 5,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
But I bet no where near the length he would need.
thanks captian obvious

i still would like to see more rear flex. heres my question why even run a rear sway bar on a rig of that size?
__________________
1993 Jeep ZJ. 4.0
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #340
bbehnke
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Posts: 284
so what u just stack the 2 together. that would be safe. also i noticed that u have the liscens pate still on there, i dought its street legal right?
__________________
2001 WJ I6 selec-trac
64,000 miles
accessories: manik brush gaurd, KC daylighters, 2" BB w/ rusty's shocks, Dueler A/T REVO 245/75/R16, mudflaps, tow package, 1.5" wheel spacers, kevins exhaust, and an AIR HORN!
RED JEEP CLUB #424
bbehnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #341
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim
 
FPKites's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
i still would like to see more rear flex. heres my question why even run a rear sway bar on a rig of that size?
Definitely a good idea to run a rear swaybar - prevents rear-steer. You want that rear axle to stay as aligned as possible.
__________________
Jim Karlin
"How the heck do you get there?"
"Duh! Big RED Jeep!!!"
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #342
sandman
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Posts: 5,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
Definitely a good idea to run a rear swaybar - prevents rear-steer. You want that rear axle to stay as aligned as possible.
sorry im confused. between the control arms and track bar, the swaybars keep it aligned.. what do you mean by rear steer, i dont see rear steering?
__________________
1993 Jeep ZJ. 4.0
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #343
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim
 
FPKites's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13,489
The swaybar is just that extra bit of support. Think of it as a front-back limiting strap. When you stuff, the axle goes forward. When you droop, the axle goes back. In excessive flex, the rear axle could pivot, causing rear-steer.
__________________
Jim Karlin
"How the heck do you get there?"
"Duh! Big RED Jeep!!!"
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #344
Panici
(O|||||||O)
 
Panici's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
The swaybar is just that extra bit of support. Think of it as a front-back limiting strap. When you stuff, the axle goes forward. When you droop, the axle goes back. In excessive flex, the rear axle could pivot, causing rear-steer.
I.E.-



See Stu's site HERE for more info.
__________________
_______
|_Jeep_|
(OlllllllO)


590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #345
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
 
GraKee99's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basalt, Colorado
Posts: 9,445
Wow. Sick picture Panici
__________________
Brian

WJ, WK, CJ5


Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.