Best tune up for a 5.2 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Best tune up for a 5.2

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Closed Thread
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #46
Kevin86me
1995 ZJ 

this seams like another cc thread lol. I just put in a new o2. but thank you every thats posted its been fun. ohh and thank you steven hawking for the vocals. but ive got other stuff to do. If anyone else has any other combinations brands parts they have had luck with let us know. But I dont think Ill bother with this thread again. To much bickering. But you never know. thanks

Kevin86me is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #47
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...rHBLe81w0-PgxA

"• Always follow the auto manufacturer’s octane recommendations in your owner’s manual.
Octane Myths
• High octane gasoline improves mileage.
In general, if your car is designed to run on 87 octane gasoline, high octane gasoline will not improve
mileage. If switching to high octane gasoline does improve mileage, you might find that your engine, or its
control systems, need repair.
• High octane gasoline gives quicker starting.
No, it doesn’t.
• High octane gasoline increases power.
If your car is designed to run on 87 octane gasoline, you shouldn’t notice any more power on high octane
gasoline. Again, if it does make a noticeable difference, your engine, or the engine’s electronic control
systems, may need repair.
• High octane gasoline has been refined more – it is just a better product.
Additional refining steps are used to increase the octane; however, these additional steps do not necessarily
make the gasoline a “better” product for all engines. They just yield a different blend of hydrocarbons that
burn more slowly. The additional steps also increase the price."
PolkaPower is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #48
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...S_nQkm6hgI9a7A

"What else influences my car’s octane
requirements?
Temperature: Hotter air and engine coolant
increase your octane requirements.
Altitude: Higher altitudes decrease your octane
requirement.
Humidity: Drier air increases your octane
requirement.

"Effects of Air Pressure

Altitude decreases an engine’s octane requirements because of the change in air pressure. The higher elevations have a lower level of air pressure, which means an engine needs less octane to properly fire due to the lower ambient pressure. In certain states, such as Colorado where the altitude is generally above 5,000 feet in the mountain regions, 85 octane gasoline is sold, while in lower elevations 87 octane is the lowest sold.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6744997_ef...s-mileage.html
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #49
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

I always wondered why I could only get 91, no 93, octane around here. I was surprised to find that the answer was 91 = 93 at 5300 ft elevation.
HighLonesome is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #50
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Spark plugs http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...kplugs-646952/
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #51
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

i have found this very entertaining
and just so you know,
Gas at gas stations is like orange juice
its all the same and the only difference in flavor is the packet they dump in it
95% of the fuel in different gas stations around you comes from the SAME fuel truck.
The only difference is the additive (octane,detergents,stabilizer..etc) he dumps in it after filling the underground tanks
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #52
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I agree that gasoline quality and composition depends upon where you buy it. I've had bad experiences before with getting water in gas, and the 4.0 stumbles. It'll manage with really crappy gas, but it'll run like crap. Then there are places with 100% gasoline with no ethanol. This will perform a whole lot better. Our engines weren't designed to run on corn alcohol. Using higher octane often just results in getting more actual gasoline, but that still depends on where you go to buy it. I've had better experience with 85 octane regular that's 100 gasoline I bought in Colorado, even when back at 3900 ft where I live; than when I run high octane, which is a waste for the 4.0. But plus usually does offer a slight improvement in performance. It's called real world experience. Whether it's got less junk in it and more gas is why this is, I don't know. I'm not a chemist. I just know it works. Not all gas is the same, I reiterate. It really does depend. It's like saying water is the same wherever you go. Then go get water in Ohio. I'm betting it'll taste different than what you're used to, unless you live in Ohio. There are just too many variables to make a blanket statement. Then there's the evident bias. Everyone has their opinions, and they're, all combined, worth less than a gallon of gas. That'll be $4.00 please.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #53
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Here is an interesting site. http://www.fueltestkit.com/find_etha..._gasoline.html
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #54
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

haha, I was just looking at that website yesterday. Its Junk sadly.
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #55
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Jeep View Post
haha, I was just looking at that website yesterday. Its Junk sadly.
It sure doesn't have much information for my area.
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #56
Kevin86me
1995 ZJ 

So replaced everything mopar and champion plugs and heres my review. slowwer starts, less power on demand, does have a smoother idle though. engine doesnt shake as much. so better for the motor. did notice a drop in how many mpg I get. So all together champion mopar has a nice smooth soft idle. Although less performance, gas milage, and slower starts. Is better than bosch +4. with the rougher idle the rough shakeing. just runs more rugged. with more power on demand, fast starts , and better mpg. With the high miles I have now Im going with the smoother idle as I beleive that running the engine with the bosch +4 ignition system even though better performace will wear things out alot faster. running an engine with high mile more rugged/rough cant end well. so at 280,000 something im switching back to mopar/champion. for the smoother engine wear.
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #57
Kevin86me
1995 ZJ 

say im wrong you know everything I know I know bla bla bla stick in the *** I know youve done everything and know it all. I still will never run any of my rigs on regular. enless I ever buy a four or six cylinder. I think ive seen an ad that says you can fertilize your grass with used motor oil, you should try that too. Ill stick to running 93 octane. changing my oil every 3500 miles and doing all my tune ups on time everytime. to say theres no differnce between regular and 93 octane you would have to be retarded. go to a gas station try it. performance mods can give you performance but it is always at a cost. and yes removeing your a/c and fan can give you more horse power.
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #58
Kevin86me
1995 ZJ 

and you do get huge gain off removeing your cc so kiss my *** fundies
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #59
melk
1996 ZJ 

Who are you even talking to? Go hang out at JU.....

Better yet go enlighten the folks at Pirate with your deep insights.
melk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #60
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Closed Thread

Tags
coil , performance , plug , tune up , wires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.