Best lift to upgrade to long arm later - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Best lift to upgrade to long arm later

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
Badphish

Best lift to upgrade to long arm later

I'm looking at short arm lifts with the idea of upgrading to arms in the near future. I want to swap a hp30 and 8.8 and regear and lock first though. So my question is what lift would you go with in the 4-5 range? I'm looking at the Iron Rock 4.5 kit. My only concern is that it uses stock arms. How will the stock arms work and hold up?

Badphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Do everything at once, cheaper in the long run. Also, if you plan to swap from a LP to HP Dana 30, the IRO front arms will have to be changed out too, and they no longer swap the ZJ arms for XJ arms for the price of shipping.

As for which kit, I would put my own together if I was you. You can choose the best parts from all the manufacturers that way.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Email kolak from my SIG. He'll hook you up.

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
Badphish

Looking at the iro kit it has both front and rear trac bars which most other kits don't have just no arms which If the the stock arms will work short term, I'm not spending money on parts I'm going to swap out in a year. I'll beputing the hp30 under it when I upgrade to front long arms so will get the right long arms then
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

If doing long arms, the best ones don't use stock style brackets. save up, wheel what you have, do the long arms and axles at the same time.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
Badphish

Thats kinda what I'M thinking with going with iro kit is I can upgrade with there front long arm upgrade and for the rear a claytons type set up
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Thats it though, the Clayton rear requires different brackets for the uppers.
And I'm not a fan of the iro cross member. Have to drop the front suspension with the cross member when doing transmission or transfer case work.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.