best cold air intake system - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > best cold air intake system

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

the 5.2 and 5.9 look the same... go to a junkyard and you can pull a stock airbox for $10 tops, get an air filter and call it good. or if you want the little performance gain you can even make your own "cold" air intake with parts from an auto parts store it would prob cost around $60-$70. /thread

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #17
David1054
1993 ZJ 

My 60$ K&N Warm Air Filter.

Warm because I Highly doubt it ever gets cold air where I live.

David1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
lawsonej
1998 ZJ 

I put on a Rugged Ridge 4.0 cold air intake on my zj but i kept the lower half of the stock filter box and nestled the cone filter inside of the box...i also kept the vacuum type plastic intake hose that feeds the stock air filter box so it still feeds cold air well while driving. With an extension tube made from my original air filter box tube, the cone should be separated pretty well from engine/intake/manifold heat. This combo match with a rustys throttle body spacer has made some drastic changes. Havent had time to work with calculating fuel economy changes but, throttle response and end of gear power is definitely much better. Idle seems to be better as well. The combination is definitely working, makes it sounds like a v6 versus I6. Suction noise adds appeal to engine sound in my opinion, not obnoxious at all. Intake and spacer together was $200
lawsonej is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.