Belt squeal that won't go away. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Belt squeal that won't go away.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 11-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

I took off the belt and spun all the pulleys. I'm pretty sure it's the new alternator I got from autozone.

5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
hondakilla98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #17
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondakilla98 View Post
I took off the belt and spun all the pulleys. I'm pretty sure it's the new alternator I got from autozone.
I got an Autozone 136 amp alternator once. It wasn't adequate for my 5.9. I took it back the next day and went to a shop that rebuilds alternators. They had another 150 amp ready to go. It was around 100 bucks with core. They said they could do a fatter wind for 1 dollar per amp but it would have to be sent off.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.