BDS 3 inch lift for ZJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > BDS 3 inch lift for ZJ

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Yeah, I agree, that kit doesn't look like a good value at all. There are much cheaper ways to get to 3" of lift.

I'm not a fan of the IRO F>R kit either, but at least it comes with the track bar. BTW, I run the IRO double shear front TB conversion, and I think it's a great peice. Very beefy, and it eliminated my bumpsteer. Well worth the money over a drop bracket.

Stick with the proven kits....there's a reason why you see only a few kits commonly mentioned on here, those are the good ones. And your stock control arms are fine at 3" of lift, no reason to spend any extra money on them. At 4.5", then yeah, I'd look into new arms, but def not at 3".

Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike97ZJ View Post
Yeah, I agree, that kit doesn't look like a good value at all. There are much cheaper ways to get to 3" of lift.

I'm not a fan of the IRO F>R kit either, but at least it comes with the track bar. BTW, I run the IRO double shear front TB conversion, and I think it's a great peice. Very beefy, and it eliminated my bumpsteer. Well worth the money over a drop bracket.

Stick with the proven kits....there's a reason why you see only a few kits commonly mentioned on here, those are the good ones. And your stock control arms are fine at 3" of lift, no reason to spend any extra money on them. At 4.5", then yeah, I'd look into new arms, but def not at 3".
truth. although, i got new iro control arms when i went with a bb and uc springs. maybe i went overboard
if i decide to go any higher i probably will get the iro benchmark kit, it seems very complete and seems very well priced and it seems well enough established that whatever problems you may have with it someone will have an answer if not iro will, plus iro has GREAT customer service and are overall a pleasure to buy from
IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #18
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike97ZJ View Post
Stick with the proven kits....there's a reason why you see only a few kits commonly mentioned on here, those are the good ones.
You have to mention that price and advertising on here factor heavily into that equation as well. I guarantee you I can start a thread asking about a RE lift for a ZJ and I'll have a dozen people saying that its crap for any number of reasons including not American made, bad bushings a couple of years ago and a rip off.

The customer service BDS provides is just as good as IRO from my dealings with them and their warranty is essentially the same. Part breaks, return it no questions asked.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #19
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not having used the BDS product I cannot comment. However, I do have the IRO 3.5" F>R kit with the double shear track bar and it is very nice. I love the build quality and how fast they respond to any and all questions via email and telephone.
I live in the middle east and they had the kit, including new axle shafts and axle shaft sleeves shipped to me within 4 days. 4 DAYS!!! Any other company I have ordered from has not got my stuff here in less than 2 weeks and then some of the stuff was wrong, or was sent to the wrong address.

I say go with teh IRO kit as it is great value for money, amazing customer service, fast shipping times, best shpping rates I have encountered, excellent quality and just altogether nice people, but again, I aint used BDS for anything so can't honestly comment on that side.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

FWIW, I have a rear track bar drop bracket and have not had an issue when wheeling. If installed correctly (using lock washers instead of normal washers) you should be fine, but I wheel on sand and that makes a lot of difference.

Tags
3 inch bds lift , bds lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.