BDS 3 inch lift for ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > BDS 3 inch lift for ZJ

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
EdZJ96

BDS 3 inch lift for ZJ

Customize your Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ 3" Lift Kit 446H | BDS Suspension

i was looking at this kit for a long time and finally saved up my pennies and have the money for it. my question is if i order the kit with the steering stabilizer and front lowering control arms is that everything im going to need to run this kit with the 31's by 10.5's i have with no problems and make it still reliable?

thanks for all the help

EdZJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
ZeJokee
1993 ZJ 

Have you looked at the Iron Rock 3.5'' lift kit? It is cheaper and comes with the front track abr (which you will need) and front and rear sway bar links. You only get to coils but you swap your front ones and put them in the rear. HEck for that price you can get a 4.5'' kit with everything you need.
IRON ROCK OFF ROAD: ZJ 4.5" Lift Kit
99 WJ Ltd, Blacked out, 4.7L, 242j Swap, 2'' BB, 245/75/16 Kuhmo Venture AT KL78, Flow Master Super 40, MagnaFlow high flow Cat, Akebono caliper upgrade, Addco rear swaybar, Westin brush guard, Moog Super Trail Boss, Rancho RS5000, Rola roof rack with dual kayak J hooks, PAC-AOEM-CHR, Sony Xplod 1200w amp, 2 Sony Xplod 12'' subs, 118,XXX miles (SOLD)
93 ZJ Ltd, Blacked out, 5.2L, Reman 46RH, Reman 242 Swap, 3.5'' IRO + 2" BB, 33x12.50r15 Mud Claw MTX radials, Bushwacker Flares, 216,XXX miles (Still parked in NC)
04 F-350 SD Crew Cab FX4 Lariat, 6.0 PSD SRW, Head studs, AFE Stage 2 SI Pro Guard 7 intake, Blue Spring mod, 150,XXX Miles

ZeJokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
EdZJ96

yeah but my biggest thing is having something reliable. BDS has the no questions ask warranty which sold me pretty much so if anything did break they got me covered
EdZJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
ZeJokee
1993 ZJ 

As far as I know IRO stands behind there products very well and I have never heard of one of there kits failing or parts breaking. Hopefully someone else when chime in with more knowledge. I have there 3.5'' kit and love it and never have had a problem with. IRO is one of the more common and recommended companys for lifts and other parts. Never heard of BDS before. Just trying to get the most bang for your buck. You will need to get a front track bar with that at least. And rear sway bar links.
99 WJ Ltd, Blacked out, 4.7L, 242j Swap, 2'' BB, 245/75/16 Kuhmo Venture AT KL78, Flow Master Super 40, MagnaFlow high flow Cat, Akebono caliper upgrade, Addco rear swaybar, Westin brush guard, Moog Super Trail Boss, Rancho RS5000, Rola roof rack with dual kayak J hooks, PAC-AOEM-CHR, Sony Xplod 1200w amp, 2 Sony Xplod 12'' subs, 118,XXX miles (SOLD)
93 ZJ Ltd, Blacked out, 5.2L, Reman 46RH, Reman 242 Swap, 3.5'' IRO + 2" BB, 33x12.50r15 Mud Claw MTX radials, Bushwacker Flares, 216,XXX miles (Still parked in NC)
04 F-350 SD Crew Cab FX4 Lariat, 6.0 PSD SRW, Head studs, AFE Stage 2 SI Pro Guard 7 intake, Blue Spring mod, 150,XXX Miles

Unread 12-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Im sure the BDS kits are sweet, they have really cool ads in the mags... but are their kits designed specifically for ZJs? By people who wheel ZJs with their product? Are they members of this forum and easily contacted to resolve any concerns? Hmmm...
Unread 12-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
ZeJokee
1993 ZJ 

The same thing applies for IRO, they build their zj kits specifically for zjs and they wheel them heavly. I know there are some members here. Either way lets us know what you decided and how it turns out!

Unread 12-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #7
BDS-Tech

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
im sure the bds kits are sweet, they have really cool ads in the mags... But are their kits designed specifically for zjs? By people who wheel zjs with their product? Are they members of this forum and easily contacted to resolve any concerns? Hmmm...

Wow.

tech@bds-suspension.com
phone: 517-279-2135

http://www.bds-suspension.com/
BDS-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:27 AM   #8
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

That kits a joke for that money . IRO's kit has 2 track bars worth over $300 for the same money and their comparable kit is only $329 . Yeah , I would serious re-think your decision on this one . Depending on how much they want for the SS and CA's , you could be looking at almost $900 and IMO still short alot of componants . IRO has a super complete kit for just a few hundred more IRON ROCK OFF ROAD: ZJ 4.5" Premium Lift Kit

BDS , this over priced kit sux because of the price , cut it in 1/2
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:40 AM   #9
BDS-Tech

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
That kits a joke for that money . IRO's kit has 2 track bars worth over $300 for the same money and their comparable kit is only $329 . Yeah , I would serious re-think your decision on this one . Depending on how much they want for the SS and CA's , you could be looking at almost $900 and IMO still short alot of componants . IRO has a super complete kit for just a few hundred more IRON ROCK OFF ROAD: ZJ 4.5" Premium Lift Kit

BDS , this over priced kit sux because of the price , cut it in 1/2

Why would you compare a 4.5" kit to a 3" kit? Just curious, as you clearly have no love for our product, I'm sure that you did not click the OP's link.

By the way, the edit on the last line there didn't stop the auto-notify from telling me what you really think about our products. Thanks a bunch! Hope you have a great Christmas!

OP- You may want to consider trac bars, although the bracket will more than suffice for a DD. You may want to add a 124209 rear trac bar bracket as well.

tech@bds-suspension.com
phone: 517-279-2135

http://www.bds-suspension.com/
BDS-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Pathetic responce for a pathetic product .

Yes , I looked , I saw springs , shocks , some extended end links and a "bracket" , seriously , was I suppose to be amazed at the sweet deal BDS is offering , or try to save a fellow jeeper from making a mistake ?
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #11
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

BTW , a fellow jeeper means more to me than vendors , that's why I tell it like it is . Your not the first vendor on here I didn't see eye to eye with because of the products and prices .

Sorry , no band wagon rider here ! Truth or nothing !
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #12
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Oh yeah , one more thing . I compared your kit to IRO's foudation kit (3.5) first , worth $329 which is almost identical for 1/2 price , I just didn't link it , . Here ya go . IRON ROCK OFF ROAD: ZJ 3.5" Foundation Series Kit

Really it's nothing against BDS's products , just the price is double it's value .
Unread 12-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #13
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Compared side by the side the main difference between the two is that you get rear springs and the trackbar bracket with the BDS for $300 more than the IRO kit which comes with neither. If you price out new rear coils and the drop bracket on the IRO site you pay $180, so the BDS kit is a bit more expensive but that does not make it a "pathetic" product. Also, IRO does have products that are overpriced compared to their competitors.

Newfie, the IRO kit does not come with front and rear trackbars. The Benchmark kit comes with a front trackbar and is priced at $450
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Newfie, the IRO kit does not come with front and rear trackbars. The Benchmark kit comes with a front trackbar and is priced at $450
I think what he was getting at is that the 4.5" IRO lift is only $33 more than the BDS 3" lift and comes with both F+R track bars at that price, whereas the BDS kit has no track bars, just the bracket - and many on here consider drop brackets to be next to useless.

IRO 3.5" Foundation (no trackbar): $330
IRO 3.5" Benchmark (Fr. trackbar): $450
IRO 4.5" kit (Fr. and Rr. trackbars): $675

BDS 3" front/2" rear kit (no trackbar): $642

Now, I'm certainly not going to make judgements about the physical quality of the kits as I own neither, and I know not everyone wants 4.5" of lift on short arms, but compared to the IRO kits, the BDS just doesn't seem to be good value for money - especially if you're not a big fan of drop brackets.
Unread 12-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #15
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

The OP want to spend $869 with an extra pr of frt fixed CA's and SS . Point , would you buy 3 prs of control arms , 2 track bars , extended rear end links for $300 . I sure would
Wouldn't you rather buy the 3.5 Benchmark , a rear track bar , 2 sets of lower CA's and an SS for $50 more @$906
Tell you what , here's the same thing BDS offers only 1/2" higher from IRO

The foundation @ $330+119 for proper 3.5 coils for $449 , what's a bracket worth these days , certainly not the $193 price difference . Sorry , the difference is money that's best kept in the OP's pocket .

This statement was corrected to it's intended meaning , so it "didn't" diss the quality of the product and certainly not the vendor . It was corrected immediately , before it was replied to !!
"BDS , this over priced kit sux because of the price , cut it in 1/2" , originally , it read , "BDS , this over priced kit sux " I knew it was not what I wanted to reply right away , so , it was fixed . Quite petty to pick on such a minor detail that nobody except the posters would have seen via email .

But this is funny, not sure how I missed it on my replies

"OP- You may want to consider trac bars, although the bracket will more than suffice for a DD. You may want to add a 124209 rear trac bar bracket as well."

I'm not sure if the Vendor has much confidence in the brackets either , but he'll sell you anything apparently

BDS , never wish an insincere Merry Xmas to anyone paybacks a *****

Tags
3 inch bds lift , bds lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.