BCM? interior lights issue. and another issue. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > BCM? interior lights issue. and another issue.

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
ZJfamilyfun
1998 ZJ 

BCM? interior lights issue. and another issue.

So a couple weeks ago i noticed on right hand turns the interior lights would come one briefly the go off. Then i had a dead battery two mornings in a row. Then i noticed the door ajar key in ignition engine off chime would ding when the door was closed. I removed the fuse for the interior lights, then no more dead battery. But still had door closed engine off key in ignition chime still going off. But i noticed if i pulled on the door handle a little the chiming would stop. I know the door and switch are making contact. Driver door is technically closed all the way do to the body lining up. What gives? Can i tape some folded paper on the door to push switch in more? Or does there need to be metal to metal contact to ground? Is it a bad BCM?.......help please.

ZJfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Sounds like a bad switch.
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
96zedjay
1996 ZJ 

Mine did that... I taped a Dime where the switch hit to give it a little extra "push"... Just a temporary fix mind you.
That was 2 years ago.
It's still there!
YMMV
96zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
ZJfamilyfun
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96zedjay View Post
Mine did that... I taped a Dime where the switch hit to give it a little extra "push"... Just a temporary fix mind you.
That was 2 years ago.
It's still there!
YMMV
Thanks! I did research before posting. But every senerio has its own variables. I guess im glad to figure out that it is not the BCM. FYI removing the fuse for the lights will cause your overhead info center to retain previous memory every time you turn the power on even if you reset it! Lol.......
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
Lustra

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
sounds like a bad switch.

Yes , the mileage is stored in the PCM , it's only available through a DRB scan, it is irrelevant to 99% of jeepers
What about the other 1%?

Silly Hillbilly
Lustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
ZJfamilyfun
1998 ZJ 

Well i taped a dime to the door and life is good!! Lol.....thanks guys.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.