JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   BB...need help asap. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/bb-need-help-asap-158380/)

nashmd454 05-01-2005 05:06 PM

BB...need help asap.

I am stuck on the rear spacers. I have the front ones done but when I got to the rear I pulled the rubber piece off and went to slide the spacers on but the rubber piece does not go back on after the spacers are on. Do I leave the spacers on and not put the stock rubber piece on or what. Need help fast.

Derek33 05-01-2005 05:11 PM

i think the stock spacer that was already on your jeep should stay in place, and the aftermarket spacer sits between the spring and your stock spacer.

i could be wrong tho.

good luck!

matt.x 05-01-2005 05:16 PM

if i remember correctly, the stock spacer is not required (but you will lose how ever much boost that it provides). Thus, I would keep it, and use it as previously posted ...

Matt

zaq123 05-01-2005 05:17 PM

Don't install stock spacer in the rear as it will level intself and cus there aren't enough space ( with 2" BB) on spring retainer unless you've got extended ones.
You're better of without them if you do any offroading as it would good to loose your rear spring on a trail. Don't forget to get an alighment after install :thumbsup:

nashmd454 05-01-2005 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek33
i think the stock spacer that was already on your jeep should stay in place, and the aftermarket spacer sits between the spring and your stock spacer.

i could be wrong tho.

good luck!

We tried that but it wiggeled really bad. Way too loose for secure feeling

nashmd454 05-01-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaq123
Don't install stock spacer in the rear as it will level intself and cus there aren't enough space ( with 2" BB) on spring retainer unless you've got extended ones.
You're better of without them if you do any offroading as it would good to loose your rear spring on a trail. Don't forget to get an alighment after install :thumbsup:

That is what we were thinking...with the rake as is on the zj it would now be level without the stock rear spacer. So the next question is that we were right to install the front stock ones with the new spacers right.

zaq123 05-01-2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashmd454
We tried that but it wiggeled really bad. Way too loose for secure feeling

Did you get 2" BB?
If yes I WOULD NOT put stock spacers in the rear on. I know some people who end up
removing them after install so when I did mine I left them out.

zaq123 05-01-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

That is what we were thinking...with the rake as is on the zj it would now be level without the stock rear spacer. So the next question is that we were right to install the front stock ones with the new spacers right.

Yes, it's perfectly fine. As you probably noticed you 2"BB is not really 2"
Using stock ones upfront should give you 2" all the way around.
Did you get new shocks?

10achik 05-01-2005 05:26 PM

That thing is called an isolator and the spring fits into the isolator, I took the isolator out and then put the BB where the isolator was, granted I had to dremel out the bottom of the BB so it will fit around the retainer at the bottom (then used a rubber mallet to get it on the retainer good and snug) then if you notice the BB is cupped out and the isolator fits in that perfectly or at leat the Daystar BB was. So basicly going from the bottom is should be coil spring retainer, BB Spacer, rubber isolator, coil spring, then top spring retainer.

nashmd454 05-01-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

Did you get 2" BB?
If yes I would put stock spacers in the rear on. I know some people who end up
removing them after install so when I did mine I left them out.

what........then if you put the stock in then what did you do with the bb spacers. Doesn't that make for a weird ride with the front so high and the rear normal. I am just going to go with the bb and leave the 2"bb daystar spacers in and leave the stock rubber isolators off.

zaq123 05-01-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

what........then if you put the stock in then what did you do with the bb spacers. Doesn't that make for a weird ride with the front so high and the rear normal. I am just going to go with the bb and leave the 2"bb daystar spacers in and leave the stock rubber isolators off.

MISPRINT
I meant I WOULD NOT. Sorry man

nashmd454 05-01-2005 05:32 PM

I quit...it seems as if I am getting more confused here. There is no way to fit the isolator over the bb spacer. We tried to pry the isolator over the spacer but it was a no go. And some here say go without the stock and it will just leave my ride leveled all the way around instead of the fwd rake. I will just leave the isolators off and install the bb spacers. If I confused anyone then please forgive me. I am just more lost now trying to figure out what you guys were trying to explain to me.

nashmd454 05-01-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

MISPRINT
I meant I WOULD NOT. Sorry man

ok...that sounds better. That is exactly what I was planning on doing (leaving the stock spacer off and just have the bb spacer on). I have the Daystar 2"bb too. I am also installing my cross drilled/slotted rotors too. I took plenty of pics.

zaq123 05-01-2005 05:41 PM

Here is what I did

FRONT: install BB than stock spacer than coil spring
REAR: install BB than coil spring
Note : stock spacers were left out in the rear as there is no room for them.

Follow your instincts []IIIII[]
:thumbsup:

nashmd454 05-01-2005 07:05 PM

Got it done...thank you guys for responding so quickly. It looks good....just one problem...one of the sway bar end links nots will not tighten up. The entire bolt(the part that has threads)and nut spin when you try to tighten. So I assume it is broken. I will go get a new set of end links and replace both sides. I might go with a new track bar (loose) and alignment all at once. I have been told the tack bar is bad but the ride felt fine; but what will it hurt to have new one anyways. Thanks again. Oh and the new brakes are WOW....what a difference in stopping.

The time now is 08:36 PM.