Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

BB Kit

764 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Texas ZJ1 
#1 ·
I was looking at the different budget boost kits available. I know I want on with the bumpstops. I saw you guys recommended someone on here that sells them. I didn't copy the email though. Hook me up guys.

Stu Out

#3 ·
I'm in the process of ordering a 2" BB from a guy up here. Yes, he's Canadian, but he's got the cheapest price I've found anywhere.

$100.00 (Canadian dollars) including shipping. $100 x .85 = $85 US with shipping (may just be for Canada, I'm not sure.)

No bump stop extensions since they aren't needed for just 2".

http://www.canadianshield.ca/

#4 ·
#5 ·
The aluminum spacer lift:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...emQQcategoryZ33585QQitemZ7931889213QQtcZphoto

Is NOT what you want on your vehicle at all. You want the polyspacers. The aluminum kit transfers all the road noise into the Jeep. The poly spacer is much better. You will not find any positive comments on the aluminum spacers around the wheeling community. The posers will just love them. They don't know any better.

Hunter

#6 ·
the spacers are poly...but the bumpstops are aluminum. Is that ok. He also has a kit with poly bumpstops for the front.

Stu Out

#7 ·
Regardless of the material of the bumpstop, your ride will not be affected. They are not an integral part of the front suspension, nor do the play any role in turning or flexing. The bumpstops simply stop the spring perch of the axle (and consequently your wheels) from going any further when the axle reaches a certain limit.

This being said, aluminum, poly, gold, paper, it don't matta!

Matt

#8 ·
Paper as a bump stop wouldn't work. The aluminum bumpstop extensions are ususally used on the rear axle.

Hunter

#9 ·
Just to clarify. I originally was talking about aluminum bumpstops and poly spacers. I think it got confused with aluminum or poly spacers. I could see how awful metal spacers would be. Thanks for the help guys.

Stu Out

#11 ·
styrofoam works well though. :thumbsup:

Hunter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.