BB install question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > BB install question

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
KZOOZJ

BB install question

I recently purchased a 2 inch BB and Bilstein 5100s for my niner. I have been considering installing the shocks only without the spacers. Will this create a problem due to the extra length of the shock?

I am having no real issues running my 30's at stock height and i thought this might keep the ride optimal. Thanks in advance.

KZOOZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

should not be an issue running a bit longer shock stock. to increase droop travel, i run shocks designed for 4" of lift on my BB'd jeep.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
KZOOZJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered
should not be an issue running a bit longer shock stock. to increase droop travel, i run shocks designed for 4" of lift on my BB'd jeep.
Excellent, thanks for the info.
Unread 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
VolcomPunk
1996 ZJ 

yea when i had to replace my shocks before i installed the BB i ordered shocks that were good for 0" - 6" of lift and i never had an issue with them
Green Jeep #337
WakeUpNow
R.I.P. Ratmonkey...Your now wheelin with the angels
VolcomPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You could bottom out the shocks and damage them running them too long since they won't have much up travel. You can increase the bumpstop to protect them though. Not really a great set up. Did you get them from Kolak? You could email him and ask.

I have never heard of a shock good for 0 - 6 inches of lift. What brand were they?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
KZOOZJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
You could bottom out the shocks and damage them running them too long since they won't have much up travel. You can increase the bumpstop to protect them though. Not really a great set up. Did you get them from Kolak? You could email him and ask.

I have never heard of a shock good for 0 - 6 inches of lift. What brand were they?
I did get them from Kolak. I would think the only issue would be if there is a significant difference in the collapsed length of the shocks vs stock. I have been unable to locate the stock collapsed length to compare them.
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
KZOOZJ

The nice part about using these shocks is it leaves me the option to add the lift if i choose later, being that i already have the spacers.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
VolcomPunk
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Skycrapper...it claimed on their site they were good to fit size lifts from 0"-6". i do plan on switching them out once i get my bigger lift though. right now the jeep sees mostly pavement
Green Jeep #337
WakeUpNow
R.I.P. Ratmonkey...Your now wheelin with the angels
VolcomPunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.