Baffling air conditioning/ATC problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Baffling air conditioning/ATC problem

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
pba7498

Baffling air conditioning/ATC problem

95 GC limited w/ATC

This all happened in about 2 seconds. While driving I noticed a noise from the blower motor, looked down at the area, saw some smoke coming from that area, reached for the a/c controls, saw the temperature readout flicker and go out before I could turn it to the off position.

Since then this is what I have done. I have purchased a new(used) control module, a brand new oem power module(resistor) and a new blower assembly. I have tested the new blower and it works, even the old one works, but I changed it for the heck of it. I can only assume that the new resistor works because I don't know of any test to perform on it. I disassembled and removed the dash and evaporator module looking for burned wires/connectors, tested for continuity on ALL the wiring and all tested good. Couldn't find anything, I even untaped the entire harness for visual inspection...nothing. Verified all relays and fuses as well. Reassembled everything hoping for the best and nothing changed. I've run out of ideas. Possible PCM issue? Maybe there is a bad ground somewhere? Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this?

It really sucks driving this GC with no a/c......

pba7498 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning , wiring diagram

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.