backing up, reverse slightly revs but no movement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > backing up, reverse slightly revs but no movement

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-12-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
rerun07

backing up, reverse slightly revs but no movement

i have a 1993 Grand Chreokee Limited 5.2L with 73k miles. When I am parked in a stall and want to back out sometimes, the engine would rev and not move. In order to fix this, I need to put it in drive and roll forward a bit (1-3 inches) and then put it back into reverse and reverse would work fine. Think this is a major problem? Since I don't reverse too often, the fix doesn't bother me.

Another problem I have is, in the morning right when i am about to take off from a parallel space, i just put it in drive and go. I get into drive and i feel the transmission engage, but when i step on the gas, it feels like MAJOR slippage or really sludgy.. that's the best i can describe it.

Thoughts welcomed!

rerun07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
Stocker

It may just be low on fluid. Check hot, on level ground, idling in neutral, not in park. Very important, as checking in park can show full and still be down a quart or two.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.