Originally posted by klap
Does anybody know how to get the door off so I can try and see what is wrong with the speaker??
I assume you want to remove the door trim panel and not the whole door. If this is the case, here are the instructions from the Haynes manual. (Sorry no pictures).
1. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery. (Power windows and locks)
2. Remove the door trim panel retaining screws and the door pull/armrest assembly.
3. On manual window models, remove the window crank.
4. Insert a special door panel clip removal tool (available at auto parts stores) or a putty knife between the trim panel and the door and disengage the retaining clips. Work around the outer edge until the panel is free.
5. Once all of the clips are disengaged, detach the trim panel, disconnect any wire harness connectors and remove the trim panel from the vehicle. Note:
on some models, disconnect the latch rod from the inner door handle.
6. For access to the inner door, carefully peel back the plastic water shield.
7. Prior to installation of the door panel, be sure to reinstall any clips in the panel which may have come out during the removal procedure and remain in the door itself.
8. Connect the wire harness connectors and place the panel in position in the door. Press the trim panel into place until the clips are seated.
9. Install the armrest/door pulls and the window crank. Connect the negative battery cable.
Credit to the Haynes Repair Manual for Jeep Grand Cherokee 1992 thru 2000  all models