axle off center - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > axle off center

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
stiller
1995 ZJ 

axle off center

so i noticed my left side tires go in farther then my right sides do. could this be a cause of death wobble aswell? what part should i buy to center them up. also i was looking at kevins true steering conversion setup, would that be the total solution to saying byebye to dw? if any one is runnin git or knows of anyone can you give me some feed backs on how it is.

the guys here at my local 4wd cant figure out the source of my dw, theyve looked at all my suspension components(supposedly) and i got a ome SS,proper alignments and balancing all that. so im hoping kevins setup will do the trick :]

stiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Greeeeenberg
1997 ZJ 

Adjustable track bar or track bar will fix the off center. Get the adjustable if you ever plan on going higher

Death wobble is caused by worn out parts and or improper installation of said parts. Check your suspension by having someone turn the wheel back and forth while your underneath and look for deflection/play. Check bushings, ball joints, etc etc. You got an alignment after installation?? When was your last tire rotation and balance done? There are so many factors for death wobble. Make a list and start checking them off one at a time.

Michigan Tech Jeepers Member #1
Greeeeenberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

You need an adjustable track bar if you don't already have one.
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
stiller
1995 ZJ 

i have the track bar conversion from IRO that comes with their 3.5 kit. what about a rear adjustable aswell?
Unread 03-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
stiller
1995 ZJ 

so noone knows about kors zj true steering setup?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.