Automatic xmission erratic shifting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Automatic xmission erratic shifting

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
bahgheera
1998 ZJ 

Automatic xmission erratic shifting

Hi folks, long time lurker here. I just bought a 98 ZJ this week, and it ran great during the test drive and the night I bought it.

The first issue that reared it's ugly head is the transmission. Sometimes it runs fine, sometimes it starts to downshift and run at a lower gear than it should. I pulled the error code (P0720) and searched the forum. I determined that the Transmission output speed sensor was bad, so I replaced it but the problem is still there. My question is - are there two? And if so, where's the second one?

Thanks.

Last edited by bahgheera; 07-09-2009 at 02:55 PM..
bahgheera is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.