Auto Trans Odd Shifting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Auto Trans Odd Shifting

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 06-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Auto Trans Odd Shifting

My ZJ seems to be shifting weird, it revs out the gear alot farther than i have heard from any other truck including our WJ. For example when i go up my hill that i live on if i dont pick up some considerable speed it just stays in 1st all the way up, if i catch some speed it stays in second. It does not feel like our WJ which i would assume has the same auto trans.

Checked fluid level, its fine. Overdrive is on, but that should not matter because thats 3rd gear and up?

befumo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
animal55
1993 ZJ 

dump some lucas transmission oil additive in there. Mine was doing similiar things along with hard shifting. Poured about a Qt. of lucas in there and after about 2 days of driving it around feels like a new transmission.
animal55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

mine is kinda doing the same thing ill have to try it where can you buy the lucas transmission oil additive?
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
animal55
1993 ZJ 

autozone sells all kinds, I just noticed they have power steering fluid as well, I think I'm gonna drain my PS pump and try that to see if it fixes my PS gearbox
animal55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

lucas is snake oil.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.