Auto headlights partially work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Auto headlights partially work

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 03-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
wpatters1229
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Auto headlights partially work

I have a 93 Grand Cherokee with the 6 cyc and all the bells and whistles. One day the auto headlights stopped coming on. The dash lights come on and everything else is fine it is just the headlights themselves that do not come on. Even the running lights work. Could this be a bad relay or something else. I see the modules by the glove box but am just not sure which module they are and do not want to pay $30 for one that is not correct. Dealer help is hopeless. They just want me to come in. If I knew how to trouble shoot this with a meter and some knowledge I think it is an easy fix. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

wpatters1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Mcclain61
1997 ZJ 

get new bulbs for ur head lights...

ive seen a zillion threads like this save urself time and go buy a brand new set of headlight bulbs....

if it was the auto lights then none of the others would come one and have u tried to manually turn the lights on?

try ur high beams too
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
wpatters1229
1995 YJ Wrangler 

guess I failed to say that all works if I flip the switch to manual. Duh!
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Mcclain61
1997 ZJ 

thats a big difference lol

it may be in the switch or the relay.. see if u can get a switch and if thats not it take it back and try the relay
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
wpatters1229
1995 YJ Wrangler 

parts stores will not take electrical items back since they do not know if you fried it. Just looking for someone to tell me which relay and if there is another relay that can be swapped for troubleshooting. Do not see how the switch can be it since everything lights up but the headlights...running lights, dash all working when the sensor turns on the lights...just the heads do not...only when manual switched

Tags
electrical , headlights problem

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.