Auto Computer Exchange - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Auto Computer Exchange

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
miles28
1997 ZJ 

Auto Computer Exchange

Has anyone used these guys? Are they reputable, or should I steer clear? Also, If not them, who can I trust to provide me with a quility PCM as a replacement?

miles28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Name sounds familiar, if they're the ebay ones for like $175 then they're alright. I got mine last janruary for around that price with a lifetime replacement warranty on the one I got, no problems with it yet, plug and play.
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
savannahzj
1998 ZJ 

Got mine from All Computer Resources. Plug and play with lifetime warranty. There are people that will chime in shortly telling you that these places are not worth it and to just go to the junkyard. But mine has been trouble free and the service was good. Good luck.
savannahzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
motordoctor
1998 ZJ 

I used those guys (Auto Computer Exchange). I thought it was a fair price, and it was shipped to me ASAP. It's been working fine every since and even my fuel mileage went up 15%. Now I'm just waiting for my rebuild kits to show up for my Ford 0280155715 injectors so I can toss them in
motordoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
sebian
1995 ZJ 

I almost went with them until I saw their "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau. I opted to get mine from Kolak instead.

The folks above seem to be happy with their purchase experiences, so they may have changed their ways for the better.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
jlgo222
2001 WJ 

I would like to post some info about my experience with AUTOCOMPUTEREXCHANGE.COM, I sent my PCM as this thread (SKIM nightmare, 2001 GC) will show to have the SKIM removed and the towing package added, and also R&R if needed. I spent months trying to fix several electrical problems and at various times contacted ACE.com, which they would reply "there is no way our computer would be causing those issues." So after months of headaches, I sent my PCM back down to have it looked at under warranty, when they receive it they state they can no longer cover my PCM under warranty as it water damaged. They specifically state that "it looks as if you have drove the Jeep through a river" so they wont touch it. (The wettest my WJ has been is either rain or car wash!) When i get it back home the warranty stickers are broken so I decide to open it up and look inside. There are several traces that are burnt off the PCB and can reach the opposite side of the case and touch the metal (grounding out my data bus). This is the entire problem with my PCM, it was never a SKIM issue at all, and if they would have taken the time to fix my PCM as they should all of the issues would have been resolved on day one. But instead the screwed me over and ended up taking about $250 of my money, leaving me with a very ugly $250 paper weight.

Long story short I would never recommend anyone to send their PCM or anything else to AUTOCOMPUTEREXCHANGE.com!!!
jlgo222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.