AUDIO - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AUDIO

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-02-2002, 03:36 AM   #1
turk

AUDIO

Anyone able to suggest replacement speakers for 98 ZJ. I don't wanna get into an amp and sub woofer just yet. Though I do want to get a better sound out of the system. I am looking for speakers that will simply go in place of the stock speakers, but produce a better sound!

Thanks

98 JGC Laredo 4.0, 3" lift, Rustys adjustable UCA's & LCA's, Custom K&N intake, high flow exhaust, Jet chip Stage 2 and 32x11.5 BFG TA's
turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2002, 07:40 PM   #2
The^Knightmare

MB quart makes good highs and mids, a little expensive but good quality, or some infinity kappa perfects would be nice
- 3JL 12W6s w/ Kicker ZR600
The^Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 07:19 AM   #3
arahim

Pioneer are great for value and quality, but the lows aren't the greatest.

Rockford are nice but I personaly don't like the highs they produce.

Infinity speakers have great 6x9 and subs they should be good.

If you can try to stay away from sony my started to deteriate in quality in a few months. If possible get components they have better quality and give you better immaging.
I am planning to put rockford components in the front and full range speakers in the back.
My top 3 places to shop
onlinecarstereo.com cheep
crutchfield.com very heplful if you don't realy know what you are doing
bestbuy if you don't have a garage or if you are lazy.
arahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 07:15 AM   #4
ajs03

I would suggest going with the premium sound option of infinity gold. My 99 grand cherokee has it and i like it alot. Im still putting in some 15" mmats sbwoofers though. For stock system infinity gold speakers sound great.

~Adam
ajs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:33 PM   #5
ibms10

I also have a 98 ZJ and I installed Alpine SPS-1629 (6.5") speakers in the doors. They are a little too small, but can easily be made to fit. They are great sounding speakers and are a pretty good balance between cost and performance....I paid about $50 at www.carstereotime.com for mine. They also work pretty well with the stock radio, though I have now upgraded to a JVC receiver.
Unread 03-15-2002, 05:20 PM   #6
TeamGS

I put JBL GTO's in all 4 spots. Forgot the size/model #. Much better highs and lows than stock paper coned speakers. Now I could use a sub/amp. Oh yes..and a new deck...ah hell, I could also use the new BMW X5 4.4i!

Gary
TeamGS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.