Assistance needed swapping seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Assistance needed swapping seats

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #1
jnocerin

Assistance needed swapping seats

Hi All,
I just found a set of leather power seats from a 96 GC. My GC is a 97 with cloth manual seats. How hard is it to install and connect the power seats to a non power seat location. Does the wiring already exist or will I need to get wiring done. Is this a DYI job, or will I require a mechanic? Any assistance that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Jess

jnocerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2005, 06:30 AM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Jess,

I've asked this question many times before. I believe that you need the power connections. However, you may already have them. I have an extra plug in line below my driver's seat.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
daphne

I Just Did This Yesterday

In another thread I asked this question and I posted some info.

Yesterday I completed the job of transferring leather seats from an 01 ZJ to another 01 ZJ. After browsing thru many "clunkers" at my yard, I learned that the seat bolting arrangement (4-2 front of the seat, 2 back) is identical in all the ZJ/WJ models.

The seats that I bought did not have heat but they had all the positions. That's all I wanted.

You will find in the leather seats a wiring harness. There are only 2 wires in each seat that you need to make all those positions operable. In the driver's seat, red is 12V+ and black is ground. In the passenger Red/Light Blue is the 12V+ lead and black is ground.

Routing your power source I leave to you. This job took me less than 1 hour. Good luck! This was one of the simplest and most rewarding mods I have ever made!
daphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
daphne

BTW, the transferee car did not have any wiring for the seats.
daphne is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.