Anyone try AC Pro on their ZJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anyone try AC Pro on their ZJ?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
sbxj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone try AC Pro on their ZJ?

Any problems or cautions? Success?
Thanks!

'99 WJ Laredo, 4.0L with HID Retrofit
WJ HID Retrofit Pics
sbxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
az93cherokee
1995 ZJ 

I actually just tried it yesterday and unfortunately my ac is still hot the ac pump kicks on now but thats about it but might be somthing eles wrong with mine
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
sbxj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the reply.
Was it blowing any cold air at all before the recharge?

'99 WJ Laredo, 4.0L with HID Retrofit
WJ HID Retrofit Pics
sbxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
az93cherokee
1995 ZJ 

Yeah last summer it was kinda cold now nothing
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

You should have it sucked down to make sure there's no air in the system those ac recharged kits are really only for a top off if the system got a little low not completely gone
If there's a leak the vacuum won't hold and bring the system where it needs to be and should be fixed

If done correctly and no leaks the ac will get very cold
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
Marcos
1993 ZJ 

Looking on their websites, it seems to be a mix of products that aren't really new to the market:

Refrigerant
Oil
Stop leak
drying agent
PROA (Polarized refrigerant oil additive) - claimed to boost system efficiency and performance.

In short, trying to be a fix-all in a can.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
chich
1995 ZJ 

I used it on mine a couple of weeks ago with good results.Was blowing warm before,and now it's nice and cold.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
savannahzj
1998 ZJ 

Mine had a slow leak. Instead of trying to find the leak, I decided to try A/C pro. It has seemed to stop the leak. Been 2 months, where before it would last 2 weeks. so I would say try it if it holds a charge for any decent amount of time during which it blows cold.
savannahzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

I used it about a month ago seems to have worked. Still not ice cold tho. Better than hot air.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahzj View Post
Mine had a slow leak. Instead of trying to find the leak, I decided to try A/C pro. It has seemed to stop the leak. Been 2 months, where before it would last 2 weeks. so I would say try it if it holds a charge for any decent amount of time during which it blows cold.
Maybe I'll try it then, mine will work for a month, maybe month and a half before needing another can.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
Billyjoebob007
1997 ZJ 

My system was totally discharged after installing a new full aluminum radiator and new ac condenser. Put in one can of the ac pro and it charged up my system to about the half way mark in the green on the gauge on the can. Been using the ac periodically for the past month and almost every day the past week and ac is blowing nice and cold. The hotter it is outside the more my system has to work to keep interior cool though, the past couple days have been 100 deg, after about 15 min of highway driving my engine temps start slowly climbing past the normal 210 deg mark. I guess thats the norm .
Billyjoebob007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.